Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
sausagesandwich
sausagesandwich began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
My first ereader - Glo HD

I've had the Glo for two weeks and first impressions are very positive. The screen is readable in bright light, the backlight works perfectly and after giving it a fair amount of reading the battery is still over 50%. I'm not giving up my android tablet but I'll be using the Glo for reading from now on.

Using Calibre to add the tags to make the collections feature was a wonderful tip from a poster on here. And I'd like to offer thanks to many of the posters in this forum whose comments about the Glo and its rivals convinced me to try it out.
sausagesandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new gadget.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Glad you're enjoying it - and welcome to Mobileread.

The Kobo Glo HD is a great little reader. I bought mine used about 2-3 weeks ago, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-14-2016 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added 'it'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote