Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
About this rooting stuff

I'd just like to get a take on what you eventually wind up with.

I own a Kindle 3 & a Motorola Xoom, they serve different purposes and both work really well.

The Xoom is a bit heavy for everyday use and I was wondering if a rooted Nook could be made into a reasonable mini Xoom will all the same apps and features that I use the Xoom for.

I don't use the Xoom for entertainment....mostly documents and maybe a few trade specific apps, calculators and such. I would like to be able to read MS doc/docx, Excel, PDF, keep some text files in Dropbox - things like this.

Would buying a Nook and rooting it make sense in my case?
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
You could do it with a rooted nookColor or an unrooted (but slightly tweaked) nookTablet. QuickOffice Pro has direct access to a DropBox account built in. Then it's just a matter of adding your specific calculator apps.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the info. I think I'll give it a shot.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote