Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just to get rid of the message

I'm posting to say hi and to get the forum to quit bugging me to post.

Also, why does the forum keep telling me that I am not logged in, even though I just did not more than five minutes ago?

Anyway, I'm a Kindle user and LOVE IT!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi pshrynk and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm posting to say hi and to get the forum to quit bugging me to post.

Also, why does the forum keep telling me that I am not logged in, even though I just did not more than five minutes ago?

Anyway, I'm a Kindle user and LOVE IT!

Hi there, and welcome.

I don't know the answer to your first question and perhaps not the answer to your second question.

I do know this: If I have not engaged the keyboard - but I have logged in - then I will be logged off of MobileRead when there is no activity on my part. I don't know the time-frame on this, however.

What kind of books do you like to read, by the way?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello from another Kindle user. Like you, I really love my reader. At this point in time, I don't think I can see a time when I'm only reading eBooks -- mainly because I have hundreds of TBRs in my den. They glare at me accusingly every time I sit down on the couch. I posted an update about a week or so ago in the "What are we reading" topic. Or, check out my yearly reading progress on my blog at http://gee-elsi.livejournal.com
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hello from another Kindle user. Like you, I really love my reader. At this point in time, I don't think I can see a time when I'm only reading eBooks -- mainly because I have hundreds of TBRs in my den. They glare at me accusingly every time I sit down on the couch. I posted an update about a week or so ago in the "What are we reading" topic. Or, check out my yearly reading progress on my blog at http://gee-elsi.livejournal.com
When I got my reader, I read one book on it. Then prommised myself I would read all my p-book queue before getting any more e-books... and I did. The only p-books I haven't read yet are a few "in a series" books where I don't have the full set. I am trying to fill out the sets with e-books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
When I got my reader, I read one book on it. Then prommised myself I would read all my p-book queue before getting any more e-books... and I did.
Egads! If I had promised myself that, I could have put off buying the Kindle for 4 years or more! My TBR books have overflowed a bookcase and are also stacked on the floor. This is what it looked like on 17 February -- when I received my Kindle: http://www.elsi123.net/~elsi/pictures/Image1.jpg The stacks are taller now and I've flowed into a fourth stack.

Since I received my Kindle, I've read 8 books on it and 24 in paper. I make an active attempt to keep reading the pBooks since I swap them or give them away. I've also completed 3 audio books (unabridged CDs). I only listen to audio books when I'm alone in the car, so those go on for a very long time.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read a lot of science fiction. Currently, I am reading Apath Between the Seas by McCullough about the building of the Panama Canal. We are going on a cruise there and I wanted to get the history of the region.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Egads! If I had promised myself that, I could have put off buying the Kindle for 4 years or more! My TBR books have overflowed a bookcase and are also stacked on the floor. This is what it looked like on 17 February -- when I received my Kindle: http://www.elsi123.net/~elsi/pictures/Image1.jpg The stacks are taller now and I've flowed into a fourth stack.
Well. Logically you should have put off getting the Kindle.

You seem quite happy reading paper books, you have plenty of reading material to get through, and by swapping books you would be able to read for a very long time, and pay very little for it.

Logic is no fun at all is it?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
pshrynk

Whoa! I've been here a year!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Whoa! I've been here a year!
You've been here a year, but during that time you've been to a lot of other strange places for a lot longer.

Welcome aboard, pshrynk. Can I get you a drink?

Cheers,
Marc

"MR, exciting and new
Come aboard. We're expecting you.
MR, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you."
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Ha, I always forget how annoying that message is!

Welcome to the forum!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote