Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #241
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
While I'll probably never read it. I'm ashamed to say I got it for the cover. I do love her non EC books though.

Auntykatkat

Last edited by auntykatkat; 12-19-2012 at 07:45 PM.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #242
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No EC, hmm? I'm not ashamed to say, I read more erotica than anything else.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #243
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Here is another author who is terrific with historical romances. This is one of my favorite books.

http://www.amazon.com/Rose-Rapture-R...cca+brandewyne

She hasn't put out a new book in quite a few years I guess she has retired.
Oooh, I remember that book.

Her last book was 3 years ago which isn't that long in author terms.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #244
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know. This thread is mostly Adult romances, rarely we have some young Adult romances. I really enjoyed Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Easy by Tammara Webber and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles this year. I got the Audibles and they were great!
Thanks I have 2 Audible credits to use. I really like happy good endings and it sounds like these will be good listens.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #245
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Hey, another Heartland watcher! As a Canadian, it's one of my personal favourites. I scooped up some more of the DVDs when they were on sale for Black Friday Week at Amazon.ca for half-price or so.

However, I've heard that the books are significantly different from the TV show. But they'll probably eventually make it to e-editions. Perhaps if you wrote to the publisher?
I absolutely love the show. How can that be for young adults only? I love the horse stories, and how they interact. It is just a great show. I am so happy I can find them (sometimes) on Youtube otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch them.

I don't know if the books are different, I was looking at the cover and reading about the books they seem to be about Amy, Ty, and horses etc. I am always surprised when all books aren't digital these days.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #246
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I absolutely love the show. How can that be for young adults only?
Well, in Canada this is an all-ages show, not just for YA, which is why they give such prominence to Lou's storyline as well, though I understand the books were written as YA to begin with. I've read from the Wikipedia articles (I used to edit in the new episode synopses after a fresh one aired) that they changed some storylines from the books, and of course the setting is different, but overall they should be roughly the same.

Quote:
I am so happy I can find them (sometimes) on Youtube otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch them.
I don't know where you live or how the shipping would work out, but right now if you're interested, the first four seasons of Heartland on DVD are on sale for only $19.99 each in Canadian dollars (half-price and at least $10 off what Amazon US charges; they want $31 for the Xmas special, which is only $9 up here ) at Amazon.ca. They've got bonus extra interviews and featurettes with the actors and crew members.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #247
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No EC, hmm? I'm not ashamed to say, I read more erotica than anything else.
I have read some ECs in the past but I seldom read Erotica anymore which focuses solely on sex and little to no plot. I do own quite a few ECs from the old days like Lora Leigh. These days it's Brava or Blaze when I am in the mood for something a bit spicy or something from more mainstream erotic romance that has better guidelines. I need a good plot to keep me interested in reading. Lately more and more of the genre is nothing but menages which I have no interests in reading.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-20-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #248
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Heartland I watch on Youtube (Canadian show) is from books that are only paperback, meant for young adults. I am old adult, I love the story. The author is Lauren Brooke. Why oh why hasn't she made the book digital by now? I am still a young adult at heart.

Netflix has the first 3 seasons.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #249
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's a deal for Christmas book fans from Harlequin...

Quote:
Save 50% on featured Christmas books.

Save 50% on featured titles with our Christmas Books Sale!

Shop our print books or ebooks Christmas books and use HOHOHO50 at Checkout to claim this deal!

Offer applies to select titles only.
Valid until December 20, 2012, 11:59 p.m. EST. Limit one use per customer.
http://www.harlequin.com/store.html?cid=3372
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #250
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Here's a deal for Christmas book fans from Harlequin...

http://www.harlequin.com/store.html?cid=3372
Not working at the ebook store.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #251
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Do any of y'all use allromanceebooks.com? And if you do, do you know if their site ever has "overall" coupons like Kobobooks? (I know they have sales and coupons for individual books, but have you ever seen a 35 or 25 percent off coupon that is good on any book?)

This probably isn't the right thread for it, but it's the only romance thread I follow...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #252
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Do any of y'all use allromanceebooks.com?
I don't know the answer to your question but I just 'bought' the Holiday freebie of the day and my total somehow ended up being $12! Tricky tricky tricky...
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #253
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Do any of y'all use allromanceebooks.com? And if you do, do you know if their site ever has "overall" coupons like Kobobooks? (I know they have sales and coupons for individual books, but have you ever seen a 35 or 25 percent off coupon that is good on any book?)
They don't do general coupons, but sometimes they do a sitewide rebate which is applicable to all non-Agency titles which are eligible for their standard Buy 10 Get 1 Free offer.

IIRC, CyberMonday this year and last they had something like 60% off, and there was a thread earlier in Deals for St. Patrick's Day, which was 50% off (I bought 3 or so books from their sister site Omnilit then).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #254
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

This probably isn't the right thread for it, but it's the only romance thread I follow...
As ATDrake says, rebates are there big thing. Never seen a straight up discount across the board from them been going there since '07.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #255
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebies

Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton (self published title from Leisure & Sourcebooks author)

Quote:
A woman without a past…

After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right. She’s had no reason to question what friends and family have told her, not until her husband is suddenly killed and she finds a photo of a young girl in his office. A girl who can’t be anyone but a daughter Kate didn’t know she had.

A man desperate for a reason to live…

Ryan Harrison lost his wife in a plane crash five years ago. To cope with the pain of her loss, he dedicated himself to his job and to raising their daughter. Now a successful pharmaceutical executive, Ryan has everything a man could want—money, fame and power—but he’d give it all up in a heartbeat for just one more day with the woman he still loves.

Two lives about to converge.

As Kate begins to dig into a past she doesn’t remember, evidence leads her to San Francisco and puts her on the path toward Ryan, a man who sees in her the woman he loved and lost. Kate feels a draw to Ryan, one she can’t explain, but is that feeling enough to convince her this is where she’s supposed to be? As Ryan and Kate search for answers, they uncover lies long buried, a passion hotter than either expected and a danger that threatens…even now…when the second chance they’ve both been searching for is finally within reach.
For a Good Time Call. . . by Trish Jensen (currently published by Bell Bridge previously published 1999 by ???)

Quote:
A mysterious prank brought them together for sizzling-hot romance . . .

"I'm just a nosy little ad exec who's dying to see who invited me to meet you."

"Listen, Sherry Whoever-You-Are, I'm very, very busy," Kit Fleming answered. "If you could just speed this up, I'd be wildly grateful."

Sherry became uncomfortably aware that he had a very sexy phone voice. "Well, you see, I got a delivery tonight, and I didn't have anything smaller than a fifty, so the kid had to give me change."

"Uh-huh," he said, the grunt tinged with annoyance. "Fascinating."

"The twenty he gave me had some writing on it."

"Writing?"

"'For a good time, call Kit.' And of course, your phone number."

NightDrake by Lara Adrian (Originally published in the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2)

Quote:
Tough female mercenary Nisha the Heartless is hired to transport mysterious cargo arrived from exotic New Asia to a well-paying client. But things are never what they seem in a dark world now populated by humans and the Strange: shapeshifters and telepaths, nymphs and hobgoblins. It is a lesson Nisha learns all too soon--one that puts her on a journey with a dangerously sexy, enigmatic man who will force her to confront the nightmares of her past, and risk her heart for a future she never dreamed could be hers...
Repeat Freebie
Rogue's Honor by Brenda Hiatt (originally published by Avon 2001)

Quote:
Lady Pearl Moreston would first sacrifice her virtue and live life as a chambermaid before she'd acquiesce to her stepmother's demands and wed overbred Lord Bellowsworth! In fact, posing as a maid is precisely what Pearl does to escape her fate -- a deception that could prove disastrous for the impetuous bluestocking. Luckily, Luke St. Clair comes to her rescue. Now here is a man worth losing one's innocence to: strong, dashing, daring, worldly...and nary a drop of noble blood in him!

Luke is intrigued by this minx who seems unusually knowing for her tender years...and whose intoxicating beauty makes him light-headed in her presence. But Luke is not the adventurer the winsome Pearl believes him to be. And though her soft, succulent lips are begging to be kissed, Luke is honor-bound to never reveal to her his true identity. Yet how long can passion's flames be restrained before two delightful deceivers are forced to drop their masks and surrender to the sweet, sensual fire?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote