Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
The first case/cover I gave my Mum for her Kobo Touch held the reader in with the same type of bands and she had to slip the band off the right corner to use her on/off slider. Really annoyed her. I bought her a new cover which you slid the reader into the cover and it left all the buttons/ports available. She much prefers it.

Given that experience, I found I couldn't get my fingers to work the slider with the older case, I avoid buying case which hold the reader in with corner bands now myself.

But like you said it will do until you get an actual Kobo cover fitted for it alone. I'm doing the same, but using a neoprene sleeve to protect my Glo, until I find a case/cover to my taste.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
With my Touch I actually only use 3 of the corner straps in that style of case; I leave the top righjt strap "behind" the Kobo.

I also for a long time had a piece of heavy duty velcro behind the Touch in the case so was attaching the Kobo to the case via velcro. With this approach I did not need any of the straps on the corners of the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
With my Touch I actually only use 3 of the corner straps in that style of case; I leave the top righjt strap "behind" the Kobo.

I also for a long time had a piece of heavy duty velcro behind the Touch in the case so was attaching the Kobo to the case via velcro. With this approach I did not need any of the straps on the corners of the Kobo.
Interesting idea. Never thought of that.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thats true fiddiling around, I pulled that strap over the back of the case out of the way
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
My KT cover does not have elastic bands on the corners, but rather two railings (one at the top, one at the bottom), under which you slide the Kobo in. The top railing does have a hole for the power slider, but since the KG is shorter, I cannot reach it. Also cannot access the light switch as there is no hole there. Definitely not a permanent solution for me.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Datalossfs ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by datalossfs View Post
No they have magnet in them so when you shut the cover the Glo goes to sleep
SO the sleepcover puts the Glo to sleep when it closes ,if that is the case how long is the reinitial cycle before you can read agai . I currently have a original Kobo (pre Wifi ) that is my daily companion and it takes approx 1 minute to fully go from off to ready and that would be a pain in the *** if the Glo shuts off every time I close the cover .
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
Datalossfs ??
SO the sleepcover puts the Glo to sleep when it closes ,if that is the case how long is the reinitial cycle before you can read agai . I currently have a original Kobo (pre Wifi ) that is my daily companion and it takes approx 1 minute to fully go from off to ready and that would be a pain in the *** if the Glo shuts off every time I close the cover .
It doesn't shut it off, it puts it to sleep. Wake from sleep is virtually instant.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
It doesn't shut it off, it puts it to sleep. Wake from sleep is virtually instant.
OK that makes sence , Sorry I misunderstood . I thought it shut it down . Sleep is a nice feature .

Thanks Meeera

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I have a Black Trifold PU Leather Case from Skindigital for my Touch and it fits the Glo pretty good, I had to cut the top flap a little bit to free the light button but I'm really happy with the result I really love that cover, it's really comfortable to hold and you can make your Kobo stand when you read at the table

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/copy...er-case-cover/
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I have a "Gnarlyfish" cover that I was using for my Kobo Touch. The two right side corners are fixed leather and the two left corners have the elastic leather straps.

The Glo being shorter gives me more room to access the power switch slider. With the Touch the access to the switch was tighter.

Still the cover secures the Glo and protects it. It has a wrap around wide elastic band attached to the front cover that can be swung over the back cover to keep it closed.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote