Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #211
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
So would I but actually it's the dot after the W in "Brian W. Aldiss", the search dumps it and fails.

This is the the search string it creates, notice it's dropped the dot after the W

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/edit/tp...OPERATOR_2=AND

If you add the dot back to the search string, it's successful:

Here's another example:

Author: A. Bertram Chandler
Title: In the Box

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?414581

With the dot added back: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/edit/tp...OPERATOR_2=AND

And how about a search for author: J. R. R. Tolkien

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/se.cgi?...=J+R+R+Tolkien

Gives: "A search for J R R Tolkien found 0 matches"

Last edited by Vortex; 04-21-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #212
Vortex
Groupie

I've found a solution to those problems. If you make the ISFDB search go through Google Advanced Search, it solves them all.

This is the version I'm using at the moment:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&q=Bibliography+%22{author}%22+%22{tit le}%22+site:www.isfdb.org

It's brilliant for identifying short stories that fail on the 'Download Metadata & Covers' search.

Last edited by Vortex; 04-27-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 05:11 AM   #213
Vortex
Groupie

I know this is the 'Search the Internet' plugin but is it possible to use the plugin to send the search term to another application that can be run from the command line?

I use the 'Eveything Search' tool from voidtools to see at a glance what duplicates are in other libraries and backups on my computer. (It's much easier to use than the 'Find Duplicates' plugin when searching across multiple libraries.)

To search from the command line is: C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe -search <search term>

I've tried various versions in the plugin but nothing happens, any ideas?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can probably do what you want with the Open With plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #215
Vortex
Groupie

Thanks, David. I tried that already, but no matter what switch I used it tried to open the ebook file with the 'Everything Search' application and failed with the error message- "not a valid file list".

I've managed to get the 'Search the Internet' plugin to open the 'Everything Search' application by copying Everything.exe from it's directory to the desktop and typing: Everything.exe into the url box, but any attempt to add switches after "Everything.exe" (so it will pass on the search terms to the Everything Search) causes it to stop working.
It seems like if there are spaces it cant cope with it and fails, and if there isn't spaces it then thinks it's part of the file path and fails...

Last edited by Vortex; 05-01-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #216
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
I tried that already. No matter what switch I used it tried to open the ebook file with the 'Everything Search' application and failed with the error message- "not a valid file list".
These two links might help you set things up. In effect they describe how to create a link type (protocol) that when used runs some program.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topi...-from-browser/

You might need to put something into the middle to strip off the protocol and add the "-search" before passing the string to your search program.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #217
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would add Everything to Click.to then you can get at Everything from Everywhere. I do something similar in Click.to, but for FileLocator Pro.

See How to add a Windows Action in click.to

Click.to is payware - I'm not aware of anything similar for free - apart from chaleys links.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #218
Vortex
Groupie

Thank you, Chaley & BR.

I now have it opening the search window with the title and/or Author in the search box. The only snag is the plugin's putting + symbols between each search term which 'Everything' takes literally. I cant see anyway to get it to ignore them.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #219
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Vortex - for Authors, maybe you could use Preferences->Look & Feel->Book Details->Default author link template. A value something like file:///c:\program files\everything\everything.exe {author} might work.

If that worked then maybe there'd be a case for having a Default title link template

BR
Old 05-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #220
Vortex
Groupie

Well thought of BR!

It works but has the same snag as the plugin, it adds a + symbol between each part of the name. So far I haven't been able to find a way to get 'Everything' to ignore them.

A Default title link template sounds like a great idea.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #221
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Vortex - what happens if you wrap the author in double quotes ie - file:///c:\program files\everything\everything.exe {"author"}

BR

Moderator Notice
I moved a 10 posts relating to Vortex' 'problem' to the Open With thread ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=254

The OW PI was changed to provide the solution to Vortex' problem, having beta versions of the Open With PI posted in the Search the Internet thread was 'confusing'.

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-07-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:07 AM   #222
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Just a pat on the back

I've JUST discovered this plug-in and find it absolutely necessary!

Thank you for the time and effort to create it!!

I picked up on customizing searches very quickly too.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #223
Jessica_June
Jessica_June began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrounson View Post
Hi Guys,
Just incase you have a lot of roleplaying books that need sorted, here are some settings for DriveThru RPG.

Anyway hope this helps someone
Yep, just what I was looking for to help fill in the missing bits for my game books.
Jessica_June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #224
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
If I attempt to customize this plugin it crashes Calibre.

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.47 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\DeDRM\ 6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && food network Recipe Reader && Resize Cover && Search The Internet && Generate Cover && Walk Search History && Wiki Reader && Fantastic Fiction && Goodreads Sync && Kindle Collections && BigOven Recipe Reader && FictionDB && Count Pages && Goodreads && View Manager && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && EpubSplit && Manage Series && Reading List && Favourites Menu && Quality Check && Overdrive Link
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 152, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 166, in init_iaction
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 582, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
EpubMergeEBUG:calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerg e_plugin(152):macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plug ins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Started up in 79.09 seconds with 43174 books
SMART_DEV ( 0.01: 0.012) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 0.97: 0.809) startup_on_demand listening on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.03: 0.014) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 1.07: 0.000) startup_on_demand broadcast socket listening on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 2.12: 1.016) run All IP addresses {'{E290E82B-0287-473E-B101-1A53229E6502}': [{'addr': '169.254.173.78'}], '{74848E3E-C3C2-4C6D-A9E0-88EA1BD2FA33}': [{'addr': '192.168.1.8', 'broadcast': '192.168.1.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0'}], '{D6DF3E62-D6B2-45BB-9C58-F2C7634A0642}': [{'addr': '169.254.95.15'}], '{41000E7E-95EF-11E5-89B9-806E6F6E6963}': [{'addr': '127.0.0.1', 'broadcast': '127.255.255.255', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0'}], '{E45AC650-0FB2-4596-A82F-A6E14A2ADB97}': [{'addr': '169.254.208.235'}]}

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Thanks for any help.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #225
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
If I attempt to customize this plugin it crashes Calibre.

>snip<

Thanks for any help.
ignore

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-07-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Tags
book details, search the internet