Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
fixing a typo - extra step needed

to fix a type with sigil I just open the book , go directly to find/replace & put in what I am looking to fix

with calibre editor I have to add an extra step, find/replace will not appear until I first select a html file. as I plan to search the whole book this seems superfluous , indeed any file will do as I have find set to search all text.

so could it not be changed to work like sigil & not require me to select a file before allowing a search ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
to fix a type with sigil I just open the book , go directly to find/replace & put in what I am looking to fix

with calibre editor I have to add an extra step, find/replace will not appear until I first select a html file. as I plan to search the whole book this seems superfluous , indeed any file will do as I have find set to search all text.

so could it not be changed to work like sigil & not require me to select a file before allowing a search ?
Sigil ALWAYS opened one file(usually the cover/jacket), thus the missing step had been performed for you.

editor does not waste your CPU by opening the unneeded file
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
for me: much less mouse strain to have sigil "waste" a couple of CPU cycles & always do it for me. but make it a toggle preference & everyone could be happy
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote