Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
TGM3822
TGM3822 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Mobipocket
old Mobipocket clients

Does anyone know of any location where I can still download the old Mobipocket clients? I had had the Mobi client installed on my BB, but uninstalled it today because of a problem, only to discover that it is no longer available from mobipocket.com. All that is there is a "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Foolishly, I had never saved the install anywhere, figuring that I could just download it when needed.

I am perfectly happy using my Kindle for new purchases. However, I really liked the old Mobipocket Reader client for my PC, and would rather use that to manage all of the old, public domain books that I own in that format.
TGM3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM3822 View Post
Does anyone know of any location where I can still download the old Mobipocket clients? I had had the Mobi client installed on my BB, but uninstalled it today because of a problem, only to discover that it is no longer available from mobipocket.com. All that is there is a "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Foolishly, I had never saved the install anywhere, figuring that I could just download it when needed.

I am perfectly happy using my Kindle for new purchases. However, I really liked the old Mobipocket Reader client for my PC, and would rather use that to manage all of the old, public domain books that I own in that format.
What's a "BB"?

Did you check filehippo? I think that's a site that keeps older versions of the software it offers.

I'm pretty sure I have a copy of Mobipocket for Windows, if you want to install to a Windows computer. I'm at work now, but I can check when I get home, if filehippo doesn't have what you need. I also had it for PocketPC, I believe, but I'd have to see.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I had the same problem when my hard drive died. It took hours of of going through discs to get find the setup I had backup a few years ago. Google turn up nothing but dark net sites.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-18-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
If you mean MobiReader for PC, I have version 6.2 (Build 608) from 2010 which I will be happy to send you if you PM your address. It's about 5 MB.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
TGM3822

By BB, I mean Blackberry.

I have the Mobipocket Reader client for the PC. I am trying to find the *.cod or *.alx file to install the Blackberry client on my Blackberry Bold.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
TGM3822

Not the correct client for the Blackberry Bold, but thanks for trying!

I am unfortunately not seeing anything useful on Filehippo either.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Sorry. I never had a Blackberry, so I never downloaded those files. I hope someone here has what you need.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #8
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Version: B080 Beta 6.0.0.080

Compatibility:

MobiReader42-B080Beta: Blackberry OS 4.2+ (Non-Touchscreen)
MobiReader47-B080Beta: Blackberry OS 4.7+ (Touchscreen Only)

Any of these?
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
TGM3822

The nonfunctioning link on the mobipocket page website refers to "/dev/beta/download/mobile4.2.0/mobireader.jad", so it looks like it may be the first one you have listed, for a non-touchscreen model.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please DO NOT post copyrighted software to the forum without the copyright holder's permission. The fact that software (such as Mobipocket Reader) may be available for free download at Mobi's site does not make it OK to repost it without their permission. Doing so is copyright infringement.

Please bear this in mind.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
TGM3822

That did it! And I made a safe copy for future reference. Thanks for taking the time to upload them!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
HarryT, sorry and thanks for your quick reaction.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Terencek

If you still have the MobiReader for PC, I have version 6.2 (Build 608) from 2010 which I will be happy to send you if you PM your address. It's about 5 MB,
I'd love to have a copy. My version is elderly, and I am having to sort entries 'by hand'
as I download all my not yet downloaded Fictionwise ebooks.

Hoping to hear from you regarding this. Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ All clients seem to still be available here and here on their site, aren't they?

Last edited by xendula; 12-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
All clients seem to still be available here and here on their site, aren't they?
The links are there, but the files they link to are gone.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote