Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Damn you Amazon...

Every time my Kindle gives me grief, I get the urge to switch to an eBook reader that supports ePub.

And what does Amazon do? Their incredible customer service keeps replacing my kindle for free.

Kindle customer service truly is outstanding. And now that the KF8 format is out, the need for ePub is far less than it used to be.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
I absolutely agree. Amazon's customer service is indeed outstanding.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
For every good Amazon CS story I hear a bad one. Naturally when people are on the end of good experiences they think the retailer is "good". I got an order this week of several items...6 in fact...4 were defective and 2 were the wrong item. Similar thing happened a couple months ago. I have gotten paper books several times from them that were damaged. All in all I have had issues with 1/3 of my Amazon orders and never once got an explanation or an apology...just return labels. In my experience Amazon CS is just average. While some people get new Kindles etc I have heard of others getting stonewalled and their accounts closed for no reason. In fact as "excessive returns" is a common reason for accounts being closed I figure one day they will close mine since I have to return so much (always their fault but it doesn't seem to matter). Walmart and Target have far better CS in my view.

Last edited by heeby; 04-19-2012 at 12:53 AM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
For every good Amazon CS story I hear a bad one. Naturally when people are on the end of good experiences they think the retailer is "good". I got an order this week of several items...6 in fact...4 were defective and 2 were the wrong item. Similar thing happened a couple months ago. I have gotten paper books several times from them that were damaged. All in all I have had issues with 1/3 of my Amazon orders and never once got an explanation or an apology...just return labels. In my experience Amazon CS is just average. While some people get new Kindles etc I have heard of others getting stonewalled and their accounts closed for no reason. Walmart and Target have far better CS in my view.
Kindle Support is different than Amazon Support.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"keep replacing your Kindle"? I am a little curious why your Kindle keeps needing to be replaced? I've owned a fair number of Kindles over the years, and have never had a problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"keep replacing your Kindle"? I am a little curious why your Kindle keeps needing to be replaced? I've owned a fair number of Kindles over the years, and have never had a problem.
Prior to my Touch I was the same, unfortunately in 5 months I've had my Touch replaced twice both because they froze and became unresponsive. Now that I have switched to a K4, I am hoping I go back to the times when I didn't need CS assistance.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
why not get a couple of different readers from different companies... variety and spice and all that....me kindle books are good to buy and immediately strip...have yet to see a Kindle that I want to buy...if they make it I will take it.... hopefully it will have many choices of font, font size and margins.... til then thank you Pocketbook for ultra customization...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Every time my Kindle gives me grief, I get the urge to switch to an eBook reader that supports ePub.

And what does Amazon do? Their incredible customer service keeps replacing my kindle for free.

Kindle customer service truly is outstanding. And now that the KF8 format is out, the need for ePub is far less than it used to be.
If I were Amazon I'd drop customers that repeatedly want their Kindles replaced for frivolous reasons and lock out their accounts.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I'm with harry my Kindle is approaching one year and I have never called Tech Support ever. I have been working in the computer field for over three decades and have used every hardware and software there is available anywhere and I have never called any tech support for anything and it goes to show the old addage in the computer industry "If you have called tech support for anything you have the wrong product." In fact if tech support people are busy with customers then there is something wrong with the product they are selling, since the goal of tech support is to drive your customers away.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
the goal of tech support is to drive your customers away.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
since the goal of tech support is to drive your customers away.
Here I thought the goal was to support your customers... technically.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
That is true however if you have no tech support customers that means that the company is selling a superior product and tech supports goal is to have no calls at all to tech support becuase they have solved all the problems. In other words to drive tech support customers away, careful I did not say to drive away all the company's customers, only those who are calling tech support.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
I'm with harry my Kindle is approaching one year and I have never called Tech Support ever. I have been working in the computer field for over three decades and have used every hardware and software there is available anywhere and I have never called any tech support for anything and it goes to show the old addage in the computer industry "If you have called tech support for anything you have the wrong product." In fact if tech support people are busy with customers then there is something wrong with the product they are selling, since the goal of tech support is to drive your customers away.

You must not work on MS Products.

Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Amazon's customer service makes it hard to leave their playground, I must admit. Their monkey bars are nice.

And, having worked in tech support... I don't know that "the goal of tech support is to drive your customers away" is the best choice of words. I get what it is you're implying, but when I read that line it makes me think that tech reps are supposed to piss off customers and make them go to other products/services in lieu of what you provide.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post

But, there's a very good chance that your Kindle won't ever have KF8 support. All we know for sure is that eventually the K4 on up will have KF8 support. The Kindle Touch already does. But yours, maybe never.

Amazon said that the current generation Kindles would get KF8 support and the Kindle 3/Kindle Keyboard aren't current generation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote