Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
NickMilner
NickMilner began at the beginning.

Just wanted to say hi from the UK

Hi all, I just wanted to post a quick thanks to Leaping Gnome for securing me a CONNECT gift token so I can buy books from the UK. I bought the Sony Reader today while on a round trip from England -> Boston -> Orlando -> England and am MORE than happy with it (I just wished I'd bought it in Boston than Orlando because of the cheaper sales tax that you guys have over here!).

I've followed this device for many months now and I've read all kinds of reviews that are mostly negative (although not by much). For what it's worth I believe the negatives are far outweighed by the positives; it's a great piece of kit and I'm more than happy with it.

So, thanks to Leaping Gnome for facilitating my book purchase (and hope we can repeat the business some time in the future), and hello to everyone else!

Nick
NickMilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here from the UK, so you're not alone!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome Nick!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #4
JimCuk
Enthusiast
JimCuk began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500
Yes Leaping gnome is our savior! thanks for my vouchers too Gnome. Im a UK resident but nice to see we can keep out countries 'special relationship' more than just political!

Love the reader, love mobile read forum, hate connect...we are all united! :P
JimCuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
allen_hutchison
allen_hutchison began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 / Treo 680
Welcome, from another user in the UK. I can also probably help people with connect cards and I take GBP.
allen_hutchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
No problem guys, welcome to the site!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
Welcome to the forum Nick. Don't forget to stick a pin in the frappr map.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Welcome Nick!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
NickMilner
NickMilner began at the beginning.

Thanks for the hellos. I had a problem with my first reader and exchanged it for a new one, but I still think it's worth every penny!
NickMilner is offline   Reply With Quote