Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Schwarzenegger1
Schwarzenegger1 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
calibre companion on Galaxy Tab2 no connection with calibre

I have just acquired calibre companion on my Galaxy Tab 2 and after following all the rules in the Help section still can't get it to connect with galaxy on my desktop. How next ?
Schwarzenegger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I have a 7inch Tab 2 and it worked beautifully for a while. Then my computer got a virus and when I got it back after being fixed Companion wouldn't connect at all. I gave up and went back to using dropbox.

About a week ago I had another go and got it to work. Not quite sure how but one thing I remember is picking to accept default settings.

When it works right it is wonderful. Hopefully someone who understands all the settings can help you. Good luck.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Keyword: Firewall

You have to Allow the connection (port) past the firewall.

it may be this one
Code:
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe
or it could be
Code:
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
(I am not sure which the COMPANION server uses)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Schwarzenegger1
Schwarzenegger1 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Fixed the firewall problem. No change. I get the following message:
Failed to conect.
If you specified an IP address and port manually, this probably means you entered them incorrectly. Please check you entered the address and port of the "Wireless device connection" service, as shown in the Connect/Share menu in calibre
If you did not manually enter an IP address, please check your device's WiFi is working.

WiFi is OK. Wireless device connection on calibre companion in my Galaxy is correct.
What next?
Schwarzenegger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger1 View Post
Fixed the firewall problem. No change. I get the following message:
Failed to conect.
If you specified an IP address and port manually, this probably means you entered them incorrectly. Please check you entered the address and port of the "Wireless device connection" service, as shown in the Connect/Share menu in calibre
If you did not manually enter an IP address, please check your device's WiFi is working.

WiFi is OK. Wireless device connection on calibre companion in my Galaxy is correct.
What next?
Hmm
On my TAB2, I just start the companion: click Connect: as wireless device

I did have to Start the Wireless device server on Calibre's: Connect Share Menu
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
What next?
Follow the steps in the FAQ from the beginning and try again.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I have just acquired calibre companion on my Galaxy Tab 2 and after following all the rules in the Help section still can't get it to connect with galaxy on my desktop. How next ?
What is "galaxy on my desktop"?

Are you using Windows? If so, which version? If not, what OS & version?

One thing you can do to help is provide a calibre debug log. The process is described in the FAQ How do I get help?. Another thing you can do is give us the IP addresses displayed in calibre and in CC as described in the "Using a fixed IP address and port" section of the FAQ Calibre Companion won’t connect to calibre. What do I do?.

We have had several cases where a "network security suite" has decided that calibre is evil and blocks all incoming connections. MalwareBytes is one example that may or may not still be a problem. What firewall program or antivirus/"security suite" are you running?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, connection issues, galaxy tab2