Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
audiobooks on iPad and iPhone

Anyone else having issues with their audible books playlist after the iOS 6 upgrade? All my audible books playlist seem to be either not updating properly or just flat empty. Not sure what's going on.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I only have audible books via itunes, and others also... mine are all intact. How are you getting them to your device?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I upgraded my iPod touch 4 to iOS 6 and am not experiencing any problems with the Audible app. It's working just fine for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
BryanBraithwaite
BryanBraithwaite began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Anyone else having issues with their audible books playlist after the iOS 6 upgrade? All my audible books playlist seem to be either not updating properly or just flat empty. Not sure what's going on.
Regular Audio book (non-audible brand audiobooks) playlists are also a problem. I use playlist to sequence my listening. I also then drag the playlist to over my iPhone icon in iTunes and quickly thus transfer the relevant files. Of course the files are then all on my phone but unfortunately the playlists themselves are available though the phone. All though the do show as being on the phone through iTunes. Thus the problem seems to be on the ios6 handling of the playlist data files.
BryanBraithwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh crikey, its just occurred to me that of course... my other audiobooks have been converted by an app called Audiobook Builder (mac) and that puts them into proper itunes format, so I'm not using playlists as such anymore. Perhaps it is another iOS screwup.
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
rgc2005
rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
I had the same issue. Do not use the itunes podcast app or the iTunes U app.
Delete them and all of your playlists will reappear under the iTunes app.
rgc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The audiobooks are all on my device, but the playlist is not. I don't have iTunes U or the Apple podcast app on my iPhone.

I find that I like to use playlists for audiobooks. With my car iTouch, it will automatically bring up the next book and start it after I finish one without me having to take my eyes off the road to pick a new book. With my iPhone and iPad, I simply like being about to group books together so I can easily decide what to listen to based on my mood. I've got play lists for fiction, non fiction, and several of my favorite authors.

It appears to me that Apple doesn't recognize playlists that have non iCloud entires in them. I was able to mess around a bit with the iTouch and create a new playlist, then copy the audiobooks into it. I haven't been able to get the iPhone to do the same. What's funny is that I've been in the ios 6 beta and didn't have any trouble until they rolled out the gold master, so this is something that got introduced at the last minute.

I've looked at the audible app, but that app doesn't support playlists. It's a bit like Amazon's kindle app in that it only supports sorting by author, most recent and title. I have no idea why this is such a blind spot for Amazon.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
.. It's a bit like Amazon's kindle app in that it only supports sorting by author, most recent and title. I have no idea why this is such a blind spot for Amazon.
And what a pain that is. I have hundreds of Kindle books listed (but not downloaded) now, on my iDevices, and no proper way of managing them. I'm very seriously considering converting them to epub if I can, and taking them into Calibre for better organisation.

With regard to playlists, I only have a 32GB phone so I never have more than two or three audiobooks on the device at once. I can see why you'd want a playlist if you have so many at once.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I use playlists and they work fine for me. I haven't noticed any difference between 5.x and 6 on my 4s.

Here is my process specifically:

1. Buy a book from the audible website.
2. Download it using the plug in that audible supplies - the one that transfers it automatically to iTunes after downloading to my computer.
3. Make a smart playlist in iTunes with the name of the book and "plays = 0".
4. After the book has downloaded and been transferred to iTunes, plug in my phone, click on the phone icon on the left side panel (the one that represents your phone), click on the "books" top tab, scroll down to "audiobooks in playlists" (or something similar) and click the checkbox.
5. Hit Apply to have it sync.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Hum, I haven't tried a smart playlist. The audiobooks do get synced with my iPhone and iPad, but the playlist doesn't show up under music. My issue is that I want the audio books in a specific order.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I am getting random restarts of the current disc I am listening to. Goes back to the beginning of that disc.

All this since iOS6 upgrade.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
I don't seem to have any problems
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Not a problem with any of my audiobooks although I do have iTunes U and Podcasts apps on iOS6.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote