Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Accessing Book Information

I recently upgraded from the Touch to the Aura. I was going to buy the Glo since all I really wanted was the light but after looking at the two side by side, the Aura just seemed much better. I liked the screen better and the lighting seemed better on the Aura although the controls on the Aura have taken a bit to get used to.

I had trouble with figuring out how to turn pages in the Library but eventually figured out that I needed to swipe with my right hand.

Anyway, on my Touch, I could tap on the three lines beside a book when I was in the Library and call up the description of the book. I put descriptions on all of my books with Calibre.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find how to do this on the Aura. I liked being able to browse for a book (I have a lot on my reader) and then check the description to see if I felt like reading it. I hope that I can still do this or that Kobo developers will add it in.

Thanks
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A long press is what is needed. If you press and hold on the book in the list, then the menu will popup.

It isn't always obvious what you can do on the interface. In general:

- Italics usually mean pressing will do something. That could be open something or display a menu.
- A long press on an item will display a menu.
- Swipe to move through pages in the lists. A horizontal swipe is the official way, but vertical swipe works in a lot of places.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Just do a long press in the same place and a new menu pops up so you can see book details
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for that. I just gave it a try and it works.

I'm a happy camper again.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote