Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Strange. I'm sorry, I can't help you any further as I don't have much personal experience with the device, but I suspect you might have a very old firmware, before they added drm support and adobe reader. Can you check your firmware version? Latest stable version is 14.2 I believe.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Version number shows up as G101.14.2, looks like I have the latest.
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I'm out of ideas then... I'm sure someone else will have something useful to recommend
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford-eBooks View Post
Tried that, doesn't seem to work.
In the Library, I hold down OK and get:

OPEN
INFORMATION
MARK AS READ
ADD TO FAVOURITES
---------------------
FILE >
---------------------
VIEW >
SORT >
SHOW NAME AS >
---------------------
FIND BOOK
Hi Oxford,

This is the correct menu. If you click on item 1 "Open with" do you not get a sub-menu showing fbreader and AdobeViewer?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The only time the Menu says "open" instead of "open with" is when the file type is *not* ePub or pdf.
For those two you get "open with" which leads to a list of installed reading apps...
...unless your extensions.cfg (Its a plain text file) has been tweaked to block off ADE...
...and that requires direct intent...

Not sure how that could happen; the factory default is *supposed* to be ADE not FBReader, but to verify/fix it see this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

If you did receive a PB360 with an altered extensions.cfg file please report it, okay?
A while back, GreenReader's web site was reported as advertising the PB360 as lacking DRM support, which isn't supposed to correct. But if ADE is missing or blocked by an altered extensions.cfg file...

Curioser and curioser...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford-eBooks View Post
Tried that, doesn't seem to work.
In the Library, I hold down OK and get:

OPEN
INFORMATION
MARK AS READ
ADD TO FAVOURITES
---------------------
FILE >
---------------------
VIEW >
SORT >
SHOW NAME AS >
---------------------
FIND BOOK
1) Standard for ePub is Adobe Viewer. If you haven't changed your extensions.cfg file, PB should always try to open an ePub with Adobe Viewer first.

2) There are other file extensions (fb2, prc, mobi and so on), where FBReader is the default viewer.

So this gives us 2 possibilities:

1) The file you tried to open is not an ePub book
2) Your reader has been customized for some reason
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote