Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Is the cover included twice?

When creating a mobipocket book with html2mobi (using "--coverimage Cover.jpg", I notice the output on the screen shows two lines belonging to Cover.jpg. This, and the filesize (with a big cover and short text), makes me think the cover is somehow being included twice in the output file. Is this so? Can it be avoided? (I'm using version 0.0.41 of mobiperl).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
When creating a mobipocket book with html2mobi (using "--coverimage Cover.jpg", I notice the output on the screen shows two lines belonging to Cover.jpg. This, and the filesize (with a big cover and short text), makes me think the cover is somehow being included twice in the output file. Is this so? Can it be avoided? (I'm using version 0.0.41 of mobiperl).
I think this happens. I think is is duplicated because the cover image is used as the thumb image if --addthumbimage is not used. And it was much simpler and less error prone to just duplicate the image.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think this happens. I think is is duplicated because the cover image is used as the thumb image if --addthumbimage is not used. And it was much simpler and less error prone to just duplicate the image.
It makes sense. The filesize is reduced and the output on the screen is consistent if I use "--addthumbnail thumb.gif" (not --addthumbimage). What is the thumbnail used for, anyway? Does the Cybook use it for the library view? What is the recommended size for the thumbnail?

PS. If you manage to deal with ticket #37, that should also avoid the duplicated cover, I guess.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
PS. If you manage to deal with ticket #37, that should also avoid the duplicated cover, I guess.
Yes, I suppose so. I think you need the thumb nail to get the cover displayed in some program (maybe the Windows programs for MobiPocket). I seem to remember adding the functionality because there was a need for it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote