Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by québecoise View Post
why does Kobobooks not provide customer reviews?
Simply don't worry about this. Kobo is a small manufacturer compared to
some others. Surprisingly, the end product is good enough and cheap
enough to get my attention and effort to buy it and ship it to the other
half of the planet. I never regretted, except I stopped to think of it as a
kobo device, but my device. Support is for one who wants to buy a book
or ten. On the list of 100, first 99 are "buy a book or ten". Complaints are
of the rest and mostly solved by forum posters. I accept that. One might
not. If you ask me, reviews on the product page are not for real. Better
look for bad reviews, since you will learn more. You will find most minuses
as nothing especial. What counts? Good screen, good memory, sd card
adapter. Go-to is fine if possible. I think you should read this forums and
not count on stars.
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Personally, I'm always going to be a bit suspicious about bookstore book reviews, simply because the purpose of the site is to sell books which makes it difficult for them to be unbiased with regards to review moderation.

For me, Goodreads.com is the place to go for reviews, and it would take a completely ridiculous amount of effort for Kobo to turn out the kind of functionality of that site.

I'd much rather that the Kobo people spent their time getting the reader perfect, and leave the collecting of reviews to somebody else.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #18
Achan
Recently Kobofied
Achan has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by québecoise
Nice to hear from you. When I said I wished Kobobooks had customer reviews, I was thinking that it would bring in more customers, so hiring more people wouldn't be a problem. I'm actually trying to drum up business for Kobobooks, since I think Amazon needs a strong rival. I don't think monopolies are good for consumers. (Also, I'm still a little troubled by the fact that Amazon erased 1984 from people's Kindles.) Sending an email to Kobobooks doesn't force them to do anything; it just let's them know about customer demand. If they don't have the staff to handle reviews at the moment, then they won't put reviews, and that's that. Most companies welcome customer feedback. So if you want reviews, let Kobobooks know . . .
I was pretty shocked when I heard about Amazon & 1984 too...one of the reasons why I'm avoiding the Kindle. Good luck with your cause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Personally, I'm always going to be a bit suspicious about bookstore book reviews, simply because the purpose of the site is to sell books which makes it difficult for them to be unbiased with regards to review moderation.

For me, Goodreads.com is the place to go for reviews, and it would take a completely ridiculous amount of effort for Kobo to turn out the kind of functionality of that site.

I'd much rather that the Kobo people spent their time getting the reader perfect, and leave the collecting of reviews to somebody else.
Hmm...just checked out goodreads.com. What an awesome site! Just what I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing, HamsterRage.

Last edited by Achan; 10-16-2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Added reply to quebecoise
Achan is offline   Reply With Quote