Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Aura and stats?

I just purchased a Kobo Aura. I currently have a Glo and like the stats for sideloaded kepubs. I would like to have stats for sideloaded kepubs on the Aura.

Is there a Firmware version for the Aura that has stats for sideloaded kepubs. Doing a search, there are comments that stats were removed in 2.10.0, but I am not sure if 2.9.0 (what I think the Auras are shipping with?) had stats or not? The stats I'm looking for are time remaining (chapter and entire book) and the bar graph of chapter lengths - they were invoked from the reading menu by touching the % read.

Thanks,
John
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Sorry, you're out of luck there. Like you've discovered, sideloaded KePubs have no stats starting with firmware 2.9.0 and the Aura started with at least 2.9.0. It is possible to re-enable stats for sideloaded KePubs, but it's so disruptive that you'll find no help from me

If this is something that is really important to you or that you really enjoyed, I'd encourage you to politely write to Kobo (preferably using physical mail) and explain your position. Kobo had said they removed it because the stats were inaccurate... which I would have expected to be the case, since the sideloaded KePubs aren't real KePubs and really we should be happy that we got stats that were at all even close to reasonable
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for the info.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote