Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
News Clipping Options?

I'm not sure where to post this so feel free to point me in the right direction. I use Calibre to deliver my daily news feeds via Amazon. Until recently, I read them on my kindle touch and used Clipping Converter to manage content I want to save and share. That tool is great and much improved recently but santa brought me an ipad mini and now I'm routing everything there for reading in the iPad kindle app. I haven't figured out any simple way to clip notes and content there let alone share it with others.

Are there any tricks to make that possible including switching to another output or other tricks? Ideally, I'd be able to highlight an article or passage and send it out to others or somewhere else on my ipad or mac for further packaging and shipment. Sorry if I've missed any obvious existing answers or discussion on what I suspect is important to many other mobile readers like me.

Thanks for all the lively discussion and sharing here and best wishes in the year to come.

Dale
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
Marvin seems to fit the bill

I may have answered my own question and I did a little more reading and just gave Marvin a spin. It seems to give me the kinds of tools I'm looking for once I take a few extra steps in Calibre. I will be testing it more over the next few days and see where things end up.

Happy New Year and good reading to all!

Dale
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert