Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
MrChrisL
MrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura
Any way to transfer books wirelessly?

Just wondering, is it possible to transfer books to my devicee wirelessly? I've tried emailing (via Gmail, if that matters) and downloading the file, but I keep getting the error that the content is not supported by my device even though it's .epub. Has anyone had any success in doing something like this? Perhaps with dropbox or some file-sharing site?
MrChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
People do use Dropbox so I think that'll work for you if you know how to do that. I've never used it so I'm not familiar with it.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
People have also used Calibre content server as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
MrChrisL
MrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the roughMrChrisL is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura
I guess I'll give dropbox a try. Thanks for the replies!

Edit: Dropbox works great, thanks everyone :3

Last edited by MrChrisL; 02-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
MrChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I mostly use Dropbox. I have also downloaded file attachments from my personal webmail and gmail with no problems. However, other people (besides you) have reported issues with gmail too. Not sure why it works for some files and not for others.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
WST
WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisL View Post
Just wondering, is it possible to transfer books to my devicee wirelessly? I've tried emailing (via Gmail, if that matters) and downloading the file, but I keep getting the error that the content is not supported by my device even though it's .epub. Has anyone had any success in doing something like this? Perhaps with dropbox or some file-sharing site?
If you're using a Mac, try this
WST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I use dropbox.. just set it up on your pc/mac load your files then you can use the browser to access it on the T1.... works without a hitch for non-drm supported file types,the reader even puts the files in the right folderI have download set up ...for "internal memory" not sd card, have not tried it with drm stuff tho, I use it when I only have a few books to load otherwise it's explorer drag n'drop I honestly don't know why people bother with that pos "reader for PC" or even calibre ... KISS
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
People have also used Calibre content server as well.
Wot dat ?

Mr. TechDunce.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You can also use box.com the way dropbox is described above.

I haven't had any luck figuring out the Calibre content server.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Muskwa
Muskwa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I use SugarSync on desktop and it gives you unique email address which uploads a file to sugarsync account.
If you want to try it, use this link: https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?r...paign=referral and get +500 MB on top of usual 5 GB free space. I get the same (500 MB).

Last edited by Muskwa; 03-11-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Muskwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Muskwa, thanks for the tip. I've set up the Android app for it on my Nook Color. Can you put an android app like that on the rooted Sony T1?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote