Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
jwhitt12
jwhitt12 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
Not even trying to red card

I have a KOBO Wi Fi. I have a 4gb card. the card has been working just fine. My problem began when I decided I didn't like what the books looked like and changed them all with calibre. I also did this initially. what I then did was to simply goto the calibre library files, on my pc, and transfer the files to the card (transfer takes a LOT longer <g>) I then put the card in the reader, reset the reader, and let it read the card. No problem, they were all there and it worked fine.

Now, after my last session with calibre, I did the same thing again. It did not work. I then took everything off the card but a single epub file(actually reformatted and copied one epub file to the card). still, no cigar. I then started paying attention to what was going on. previously, when I turned off the reader, then turned it back on, it first did the little square thing and then said it was checking for new material. Now it just does the little square thing (does not check for new material).

I am assuming that, for some reason, the reader does not see the card or it would be checking for new material. since a card is keyed I am assuming its put in right. the pc has no problem reading the card. I have reset the reader, I have told it to reset itself to the factory default. I am running with 1.9 firmware dated march of 2011.

I would be grateful for anybody's thoughts on this one.
jwhitt12 is offline   Reply With Quote