Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #211
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Thanks, javese. What I mean is that while the android side is in portrait mode, the portrait mode is in landscape on the e-ink side. This results in the portrait being mushed down small because it's facing the wrong direction on the e-ink, you know, 90 degrees the wrong direction? and I can't get it to make a quarter-turn and face the correct direction, so that you can see portrait on portrait or landscape on landscape, it's always the wrong mode, 1/4 turn off.

Not sure how to take a picture...? (sorry, I'm on travel and forgot to bring my camera)

I didn't have this problem with the prior version, and I did uninstall before installing version 12....
Hi nyCecilia,is your device running ermine? If so,please set the reader to landscape mode.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #212
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
Hi nyCecilia,is your device running ermine? If so,please set the reader to landscape mode.
yes, it is ermine...how do i set it to landscape mode? the rotate screen button doesn't help
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #213
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
yes, it is ermine...how do i set it to landscape mode? the rotate screen button doesn't help
It can be set at reader menu,"view"->"rotate".
Old 10-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #214
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
It can be set at reader menu,"view"->"rotate".
If I click on menu in the reader there is no view, only file, edit, page, tool, black, help, hide menu...

OOOH found it! Thank you!!! The menu faces the wrong way in this version...?

Last edited by nyCecilia; 10-27-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: found it
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:22 AM   #215
flyred77
Enthusiast
flyred77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just read this whole thread and might I say, WOW! Javese, thanks so much for your work on this and thanks to all the others who have tested and assisted with the app. I can hardly wait to set this up in the morning!

I love this forum!

Last edited by flyred77; 11-08-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Typos
flyred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #216
kedge
kedge began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hi Javese,
I hope you are still around. Thanks for coding lcd2ink. Can you please upload the source code of the latest version?

I tried it on my EE yesterday and it worked great. The only slight glitch is the known resolution problem.

Thanks again!
kedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #217
dee_castile
dee_castile began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
lcd2elink stopped working. The very first time I used it, it worked. The second time and all other times thereafter, it doesn't capture any more. It says that it is in capture mode, but nothing happens on the elink side. I first thought it was because I did a temporary root. I now have it on a permanent root and it still doesn't work. HELP!
dee_castile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #218
dee_castile
dee_castile began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Never mind, sort of. I got it to work, but the Use Reader Keys option isn't working. I will read more as I think I saw reference to this option somewhere.
dee_castile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #219
kammerer
Connoisseur
kammerer doesn't litterkammerer doesn't litter

Device: nook
Could you help me: Is it any example how process edge key events?
kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #220
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
i think javese's port of fbreader can both switch off lcd and use the designated page keys, so it must be hidden somewhere in there,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154024
source code available here
https://github.com/javese/FBReaderJ
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #221
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammerer View Post
Could you help me: Is it any example how process edge key events?
Here is disassembled source of latest version of LCD2Eink. I have not study it closely yet, but it seems quite readable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_dex2jar.src.zip (10.8 KB, 236 views)
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #222
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Quote:
I get this same "Rotated Display" bug on mine too, and it's not the landscape mode setting. I've confirmed this, because when i go into the eink "View > Rotate" it DOES fix the issue, but it moves the menu to the two sides. It still has the same issue, since the item you're reading is now displayed correctly, but it rotated the buttons and becomes less responsive on the sides.

Is there a way to fix the rotated view?

It seems that when I click on the "horizontal view" button/option in settings of LCD2Eink; it doesn't do anything. I don't get any change or update or anything, it does the same thing. Could this be a bug?

Still an awesome program though! Love the quick way to enable the capture. Is there a way this would ever be able to grab ALL the text from an email or webpage, not just what's visible on screen? Kind of like how the browser does the epub/image option and grabs everything including what's off screen?

Thanks Again!
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #223
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
I get this same "Rotated Display" bug on mine too, and it's not the landscape mode setting. I've confirmed this, because when i go into the eink "View > Rotate" it DOES fix the issue, but it moves the menu to the two sides. It still has the same issue, since the item you're reading is now displayed correctly, but it rotated the buttons and becomes less responsive on the sides.

Is there a way to fix the rotated view?

It seems that when I click on the "horizontal view" button/option in settings of LCD2Eink; it doesn't do anything. I don't get any change or update or anything, it does the same thing. Could this be a bug?

Still an awesome program though! Love the quick way to enable the capture. Is there a way this would ever be able to grab ALL the text from an email or webpage, not just what's visible on screen? Kind of like how the browser does the epub/image option and grabs everything including what's off screen?

Thanks Again!
Hi jdm001,
What the lce2eink does is capture the display buffer of the tablet and convert it to a pdf file then use the eink reader to open it. For the first use you will have to manually set the eink reader to landscape view and the reader toolbars will be on left/right sides. So what you described seems to be normal behavior.
The "rotate screen horizontally" function will work only when the eink reader is already set to landscape view.
The stock browser can grab it's own text,image to create an epub or pdf. I too like that feature, but I can't find a way to grab content of other app in android. Sorry.
Glad to know that you like it.