Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserProfiles
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #47
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
By the way, your wiki reference reminded me that I put a short article about libprs500 in the MobileRead wiki. you may want to flush it out with more data.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #48
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
pydoc str
Look for rpartition
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #49
Silvayn
Silvayn began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, Sony Reader 505
If I understand it correctly, rpartition divides a string into a 3-member array. This doesn't really help me that much, as I don't "speak" python and it's different from the languages that I know. So... if I could ask some python-knowledgable person to give me the exact command for the string conversion... I assume it would cost you about 5 secs of your life

Thank you in advance... in return I offer (rusty) pascal & vbscript support

i need
http://www.sme.sk/c/3592953/Ceskoslovenska-esej.html

to become
http://www.sme.sk/clanok_tlac.asp?cl=3592953

replace('/c/', '/clanok_tlac.asp?cl=') is step one... but after that i'm stuck
Silvayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah well here you go
Code:
url = 'http://www.sme.sk/c/3592953/Ceskoslovenska-esej.html'.rpartition('/')[0].replace('c/', 'clanok_tlac.asp?cl=')
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 AM   #51
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Text links being dropped

Kovid,
I noticed that web2lrf ignores/deletes words entirely that have underlying links. This makes some articles a little hard to understand since key words are sometimes left out.

As an example, in the following article the names "David Beckham," "Adidas," and "Pepsi" are all deleted/ignored when it is converted to an lrf.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/17/bu...gewanted=print

I noticed the same thing happens when downloading the html file and running it through html2lrf. I've attached the lrf I generated as an example.

Is there something about linked text that makes it difficult to parse? Or is this simply a bug that needs to be eliminated?

Thanks a lot for your help.

BTW, still trying to get some profiles made. Not knowing Python is proving to be a rather large stumbling block, however.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf 17interview.lrf (7.1 KB, 768 views)

Last edited by JTravers; 11-21-2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: added lrf attachment
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's a bug, actually a regression I introduced a few versions back. It will be fixed in the next release.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
BTW, still trying to get some profiles made. Not knowing Python is proving to be a rather large stumbling block, however.
Here's a link to a python tutorial that may be of some help

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html
Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #54
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Here's a link to a python tutorial that may be of some help

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html
Thanks for the link

I'm really looking forward to getting some more interesting web content onto my 505.

BTW, does web2lrf only accept RSS feeds as input, or can one give it a regular webpage to process?
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

web2lrf --url http://mypage default

will process a website.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #56
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Can you stop the processing after the html has been cleaned up but before the html file tree is removed? (Or how do you get web2html?)
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

web2disk
Old 11-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #58
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does web2disk really do the cleanup ot the html code? If I only want the files I suppose wget will work also. Or do web2disk do something that wget does not do?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's optimized for downloading websites for conversion to ebooks. Has link filters and recursion level control and a bunch of other features
Code:
web2disk --help
cleanup is done by regexps, I dont remeber whether the regexps are passed to web2disk or html2lrf, i think it is web2disk, but there may not be a command line interface to it.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #60
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

But if you run web2lrf it seems like the cleanup is done just before the conversion to another format. With --debug it says:

[INFO] convert_from.py:330: Processing 7108374.stm
[INFO] convert_from.py:283: Parsing HTML...
[INFO] convert_from.py:318: Written preprocessed HTML to /tmp/html2lrf-verbose.html
[INFO] convert_from.py:333: Converting to BBeB...

But since "web2disk bbc" is not implemented I have not been able to get the result after the preprocessing so I have not been able to check how it looks.

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf