Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
bulk delete epub only when mobi exists

Is it possible to delete books of a selected format only if another format exists? I have many epub that have been converted to mobi for Kindle, but many that have not been converted. I'd like to delete only the epubs that have a mobi version.

Or maybe there is a way to convert all epubs that have not yet been converted to mobi.

Or am I a lazy, disorganized mofo, asking software to do something I should have had the brains to do before I obsessively accumulated too many books? Go ahead, say it, I can take it....
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could use something like
formats:epub and formats:mobi
in the search field to locate books with both formats present

In a similar way you could use
formats:epub and not formats:mobi
to find books where you have an epub file without accompanying mobi one.

Having said that, why delete the other format? eBooks do not take up much space and you will probably find that at some time you want the other format (even if it is only to redo a conversion with different settings).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try this:

Search for
Code:
formats:"epub" and formats:"mobi"
then ensure that the third icon besides the search bar shows 3 blue lines with a red diagonal (this is the toggle button for Search Highlighting).

Now the library list should only contain the subset of books in your library that have both ePub and mobi formats.

Select the whole displayed list and then right click, and select Remove Books and then select the option Remove books of a specific format from selected books an finally select the ePub option from the dialog.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Wow! Thanks for such a speedy response.

itimpi: I have reached the point where my dropbox is full and my books no longer fit on a rw-dvd. I have a very old Pentium IV computer, so I've nervous about losing things.

Thanks very much, PeterT and Itimpi. I'll consider my options. I do realize that at least some of my iPubs are superior to their mobi versions.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote