Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
renevanson
renevanson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
All PDF's open in Calibre

I installed Calibre to convert MOBI to EPUB for my Kobo Touch. Since the installation all PDF files on my harddisk and attached to incoming emails open in Calibre instead in the Adobe Reader. How can I reverse this? Thanks!
renevanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There are likely to be two separate issues here:

The first is that you need to reset the file association at the OS system level for PDF files to be whatever reader you want. It sounds as if you have set it to be the Calibre viewer. You do not mention your OS so it is not easy to try and give more detailed steps.

The second issue is for viewing PDF files from within Calibre itself. You can select whether to use the Calibre viewer or the system viewer (recommended) for each file type under the Calibre Preferences->Look and Feel->Behavior option.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
renevanson

Thanks for your swift response Itimpi. I am using XP. I will change the setting in Calibre
Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
renevanson

Itimpi, the first issue (with the file association) is also fixed now. When I want to open a pdf I can choose Adobe, an option that was not there before the changed setting. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Glad to hear it is all resolved.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@ renevanson
Re: Itimpi's second item: if you have the Open With Plugin,
You can have Calibre's defaults in place AND be able to use the Open With PI to launch any (assigned) viewer of choice for the title when desired.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote