Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Is There a Beta Read App?

I agreed to beta a book for a friend of a friend. I do my regular reading on my Nexus, and was wondering if there were any kind of an app I can get on my tablet to make note taking and getting it back to the author easier.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Not that I know of, but Mantano seems to have decent note taking capabilities, from what others say. I haven't needed to use them yet, so can't offer personal insight, so it's perhaps best if you try it yourself.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you are looking for things like formatting, display issues, I got nothin'. If you are talking about content editing, then converting it to an RTF document and using a word processing app that includes editing functions might work out for you.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, regarding word processing capabilities, Kingsoft office does a good job, and you can use .doc files as well as .xls and .ppt - both open and edit, for free.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I use Pages on my Macbook (Windows users would use Word) and use the "Track Changes" feature to make comments and editing suggestions. I find this works very well. I like the fact that my comments are in the margin of the document near the part of the story that I want the author to reexamine. I'm able to save the beta/edited file as a format (.doc) that my Windows-using authors can use. It work well!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
thanks all!
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
thanks all!
Forgot to clarify that Kingsoft office has an app for Android in addition to their Windows program, and you can work on editing on your tablet. It is better if you have a keyboard (whether corded, wireless or bluetooth).