Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #76
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@twobob, Train Pulling into a Station would be a semi-perfect film to demonstrate movie playing on KT (perfect because it's one of the first canonical films in history and it's black-and-white, but semi-perfect because it's a silent film).

Cool anyway. I'm wondering how long it will play movie starting from full battery charge?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #77
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I would just like to state clearly that it is fact the work of seaniko and UnknownUser that got me over this final hurdle. I despise those glory hounds who don't shout from the rooftops the names of those without whom one might still well be kubricking ad infinitum... Testing poking holes in the lower levels is a wee bit treacherous.

Hmm. well I suppose it would matter on the amount of screen being updated. That one is running at 50% screen and partial updates. Not overclocked al la Geekmaster. In fact none of the Geekmaster research or approach is used in this for the record.

So... Comparably I would say it will do well in the life sucking stakes compared to the older GM implementation.

One extra benefit of this approach is that all previous applications will require no recoding. nothing. They will now "just work."

In addition, this new approach in fact will require a ridiculously small amount of files and extra bits to get it to this state.

probably a few Mb at most. a far cry from a 1/4 Gb.

more on that when I have this thing "solid". But those underlying video plugins for midori are now WORTH implementing. Oh Yes.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #78
UnknownUser
UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.UnknownUser understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Did you find what you needed in the compton files? As far as I know there's no need to dither. Also, great work on the video! It looks fantastic! I'm glad someone's still putting in the work to get this stuff, well, working! Can't wait to see what you end up with
UnknownUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #79
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It set me down the right track, or made me realise I was on the wrong one... and you're right: no need to dither the overlays.

Spent a good ten hours or so fiddling with ffmpeg, mplayer (+ smplayer), vlc so far in an attempt to find a client that has the right mix of low overhead, formats offered, decent thru rate, blah blah blah, still struggling to find one that "does the business" fullscreen.

might be more effective to rework Geekmaster stuff to serve as a shunt, sans dithering and look to add the - long missing - audio channel. Only more experimentation will tell.

Appreciate your hookup, big steps forward.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, my main video player is mpv (https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv), a fork of mplayer/mplayer2. They ditched a bunch of old & unsupported stuff from the codebase, and it's maintained by people that actually care about it being usable and not stupidly obtuse, so, yay \o/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #81
twobob

will shove it on the testing list. Thanks
Old 11-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Though, if you were looking for a GUI, don't bother, it's a WIP, and last I checked, none of the current multitudes of mplayer frontends can properly handle it .

They do recently merged some kind of enhanced OSD scripted in lua, but I haven't tried it, because I don't need it, so I have no idea of what it actually does/how it looks .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #83
twobob

not bothered so much about a gui. just solid throughput and performance.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #84
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
They do recently merged some kind of enhanced OSD scripted in lua, but I haven't tried it, because I don't need it, so I have no idea of what it actually does/how it looks .
I've tried it (mpv's improved OSD) a bit, it's nice, working and usable (interactive progress bar, next/prev/pause buttons etc.). But by default it appears on mouse movement, so invoking it could be a problem. Can't say for sure how it could be remapped.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #85
twobob

ah good info. Will dig then!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #86
twobob

you know...

[root@kindle root]# eips -i

Code:
Fixed framebuffer info
    id:              mxc_epdc_fb    smem_start:       0x75400000
    smem_len:            2179072    type:          PACKED_PIXELS
    type_aux:                  0    visual:   STATIC_PSEUDOCOLOR
    xpanstep:                  1    ypanstep:                  1
    ywrapstep:                 0    line_length:             608
    mmio_start:       0x00000000    mmio_len:                  0
    accel:                     0

Variable framebuffer info
    xres:                    600    yres:                    800
    xres_virtual:            608    yres_virtual:           3584
    xoffset:                   0    yoffset:                   0
    bits_per_pixel:            8    grayscale:                 1
    red.offset:                0    green.offset:              0
    red.length:                8    green.length:              8
    red.msb_right:             0    green.msb_right:           0
    blue.offset:               0    transp.offset:             0
    blue.length:               8    transp.length:             0
    blue.msb_right:            0    transp.msb_right:          0
    nonstd:                    0    activate:                128
    width:                    -1    height:                   -1
    accel_flags:               0    pixclock:           32258064
    left_margin:              17    right_margin:            172
    upper_margin:              4    lower_margin:             18
    hsync_len:                15    vsync_len:                 4
    sync:                      0    vmode:                     0
    rotate:                    1
thats a hell of a lot of offscreen space... maybe I could quadruple buffer this puppy...
Have to play with how fast the pan function works but it would be nice to think we could get at least double the frame rate...

Gonna have to see where our bottlenecks lie...
Old 11-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #87
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
Do I understand correctly that amazon disabled xdamage in the original xorg on the kindle, and with a newly compiled xorg with default options everything works out of the box without manually having to send refresh events anywhere?

Or what is xdamage used for now? How does the screen get refreshed now and back then with kindle's xorg?
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 AM   #88
yoyowinwin
yoyowinwin began at the beginning.

i wrote a small Qt app, and seems run well on my Kindle Touch device,but it just didn't show up in top level window.
anybody here tell me how to get this solved ?
yoyowinwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #89
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyowinwin View Post
i wrote a small Qt app, and seems run well on my Kindle Touch device,but it just didn't show up in top level window.
anybody here tell me how to get this solved ?
Sounds like a job for twobob's "Fronter".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools