Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Here it is the screenshot! Sorry for the delay.
I would like to remove the black bar on the top.
The app running is just a waf. I managed to remove the search bar but not this bar.
I tried editing the config.xml file at this point:
viewmodes="application">
but nothing happens.

Any clue?
Thank a lot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-02-21T12_19_18-0100.gif
Views:	598
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	82841  
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to bother, but is there any news?
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #18
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer right now. At the moment I'm busy with hacking something else than GUI. I belive it should be possible but can't tell you how to do it. I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to find out.
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #19
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks a lot!
I run the xwininfo -tree -root command while displaying the Kindle Home Screen and then while reading a book with the mobi reader.
All I found is that the titlebar is hidden under the blankBackground_WS while reading.

Is there a way to send that command??

Here are two screenshots, one with the titlebar visible and the other with the title bar hidden!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	con barra.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	82972   Click image for larger version

Name:	senza barra.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	82973  
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
silver18
THE NOOB

Do you think the
PHP Code:
awful.titlebar.remove(c, { modkey modkey }) 
could work?
I'm in desperate need of removing the f**ing titlebar.
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
I noticed that you can a fullscreen window when putting the window on the dialog layer. E.g. xev -name L:D_N:application_ID:someapp -geometry 600x800+0+0

But I don't know if you can use that in a waf and how you would do it.

Last edited by bhaak; 02-25-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: deactivating smileys
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #22
silver18
THE NOOB

First of all, thanks a lot!
I thought about going on dialog layer...
As I call the waf using a shell script, is it possible doing it in the shell script?
I use

PHP Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.erez.fullgallery001 
where com.erez.fullgallery001 is the waf name...
Old 02-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
First of all, thanks a lot!
I thought about going on dialog layer...
As I call the waf using a shell script, is it possible doing it in the shell script?
I use

PHP Code:
where com.erez.fullgallery001 is the waf name...
Yes it is (As any other waf application). But before that you have to register it. Run this in a shell script before that:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO handlerIds VALUES ('com.erez.fullgallery001')"
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.erez.fullgallery001','command','/usr/bin/wafapp -l com.fsck.todos -c /mnt/us/extension/fullgallery001/')"
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.erez.fullgallery001','unloadPolicy','unloadOnPause');"
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
silver18
THE NOOB

I'm so dumb that I explained the problem in the wrong way.
I used that script to install the waf!

The point, now, is to make the waf run in fullscreen mode.

I tried this code:
PHP Code:
xev -name L:D_N:application_ID:someapp -geometry 600x800+0+
using the app name: com.erez.fullgallery001
All I get is a full blank screen with a black square on the top left angle.

Here is the waf details:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	app.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	83059  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

I've been trying to figure out what you can set in the config.xml that would override the window settings, but didn't find anything relevant. I am not sure if with the level of control you have it is possible.

Although one hack comes to mind. I don't know whether you can put an underscore into the app. name. If yes you may try to name your application com.erez.fullgallery001_PC:N to propagate the PC:N key:value pair into the window title.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #26
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks a lot!
I'll give it a go as soon as I'll get my Kindle back.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #27
Nyoxi
Connoisseur

chrome windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyoxi View Post
That's a nice tip bhaak.
If PC:N titlebar behaves like a chrome (e.g. hides when chrome hides). (TODO: find out when chrome hides and if it's of any use)
As for this TODO -- it seems that pillow hides it's chrome windows automaticaly when the framework window looses focus. This means that we don't have to worry about it at all.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #28
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyoxi View Post
I've been trying to figure out what you can set in the config.xml that would override the window settings, but didn't find anything relevant. I am not sure if with the level of control you have it is possible.

Although one hack comes to mind. I don't know whether you can put an underscore into the app. name. If yes you may try to name your application com.erez.fullgallery001_PC:N to propagate the PC:N key:value pair into the window title.
I tried this workaround but it didn't work!
I still think the only way to remove the bar is to hide it under the blankbackground but I don't know how to do it!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #29
Nyoxi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I tried this workaround but it didn't work!
I still think the only way to remove the bar is to hide it under the blankbackground but I don't know how to do it!
As I have said, I don't know if you can do that with your level of control. The waf apps will have to rely on some external tool to do that. But I don't know if we can talk directly to awsome (e.g. with lua code).

Can you tell me what is the window name of your application if you try the hack I have proposed?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #30
silver18
THE NOOB

I get this using the xwininfo -tree -root command:

PHP Code:
L:A_N:application_ID:com.erez.fullgallery001_PC:
As regards the level of control, isn't it possible to add the command to hide the status bar in the shell script that I use to run the application
I.e. before
PHP Code:

Tags
k5 tools