Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
There's one big thing wrong with a Nexus 7 - it can't hold on to a wi-fi connection.
I use mine regularly on 6 different wi-fi networks (home, in-laws, parents, tethered hotspot from my phone and two work locations). I also use it occasionally on hotel, train and friends wi-fi networks. I have never had any problems at all with it not holding on to the connection.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #47
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I haven't had wifi problems, either. Admittedly, I only use it on three different networks regularly, but have used it on a couple of other, public, connections on a few occasions.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm glad you have no problems with your Nexus 7s. Unfortunately there are even more anecdotes online from people who DO have the problem :-(
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #49
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm glad you have no problems with your Nexus 7s. Unfortunately there are even more anecdotes online from people who DO have the problem :-(
Can you share links to those? I'd be interested to see them.

I assume you can return it as faulty?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
"The Nexus 7 has wifi problems."
"Where'd you hear that?"
"On the internet."
"And you believed them?"
"Of course. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true."
"Where'd you hear that?"
"The internet."

Not a bit of trouble with Wifi being dropped here, either, BTW.

I have other complaints (like the wimpiest sound-system ever), but WiFi isn't among them. Have people considered returning their N7s that have this problem? Clearly they're producing at least some units that don't exhibit this behavior.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #51
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Mine's rock solid as well on wifi. But I've never had the urge to post anecdotes to the internet to tell everyone that.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #52
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Must concur...My N7 is solid compared to the used Toshiba thrive had briefly. Sound to me is fine.... I use the Logitech'e Miniboom box with bluetooth if I need real sound. A good purchase if you want to fill a room, classroom or car with more sound via N7......

Last edited by hidari; 04-10-2013 at 07:21 AM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #53
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I use the Logitech'e Miniboom box with bluetooth if I need real sound. A good purchase if you want to fill a room, classroom or car with more sound via N7......
Good to know. Thanks for the tip!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #54
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
logitec's miniboom box is sold as an accessory for ipads and iphones but works fine with my nexus 7 and android phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Good to know. Thanks for the tip!
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #55
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Can you share links to those? I'd be interested to see them.

I assume you can return it as faulty?
I guess those links aren't as common as we were led to believe.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #56
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I've had my N7 since July of last year and it has had zero problems. Wifi is rock solid and the sound is very good. I use it daily and it travels around the world using all sorts of wifi connections. Of the tablets I currently use, Nexus 10, Moto Xoom, Fire HD 8.9, the N7 is my most-used tablet.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #57
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Can add me to the list just bought mine today was something I was always meaning to do since the 32gb ones came out, very different from my Samsung phone it's like starting from scratch but seems pretty cool.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #58
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I've had my 16GB Nexus since they first came out. Have had zero problems with it. I have both an iPad and a Nexus 7, and I usually reach for the Nexus 7 first. I use it just about every day, for reading ebooks, internet, and also for movies/tv (using Netflix or my OTG cable with a USB flash drive filled with movies and tv episodes).
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #59
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What makes you prefer the Nexus to the iPad? Purely its portability? Why did you buy both?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #60
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
I noticed now that my Nexus has wifi problems at home, but on campus it works just fine.. really only noticed that up until a week ago because I mostly use it to take notes during lectures. Not too happy about this either.. It says its connected to my home wifi, but it's not.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote