Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #46
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Unfortunately, Chubulor has been warned before and per our rules, has been banned due to his last post. Please keep this is mind if you feel the need to be inappropriate and disrespectful. edit: It was not his last post but one of his recent posts.
@snow

Interesting that Chubulor gets banned in a disagreement with borisb...

Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #47
sammieb77
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
@snow

Interesting that Chubulor gets banned in a disagreement with borisb...
Enough already.

Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #48
alefor
Edge User

While it may be "enough already" I think there is a serious principle here that I personally find extremely disturbing on many levels. Abuses of power have been a problem throughout history. Limiting expression in a free society is very troubling.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #49
Corpulent One
Edge User

Before this incident, the only time Chubulor was warned about violation of forum rules was back in August, for "spamming" by mentioning Entourage's disabling of the Edge's debugging capabilities on more than one thread (definitely less than five). Tell me readers, does this meet any reasonable definition of "spamming"? If it does, what about all the people who write about how great the customer service is on every thread? Aren't they "spamming" too?

And, if Chubulor were here, he would not wish to go into the details of this incident. The facts are available to any who wish to peruse the thread to determine how the "courtesy" rule was violated.

In any case, if I were Chubulor, I would not be saddened by this at all, since (a) his prophecy in the "Forum Rules" thread that those two rules would be used in arbitrary and viewpoint-discriminatory ways has been proven true, and (b) he has a better device with a more friendly community now. So do not cry for him, but ponder the wisdom of the current regime for your own sakes.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #50
nbfsinger
Edge User

I am new to this forum and to the Edge and must say I have never experienced an incident of this nature before on other forums. I find it distasteful that the opinion of one or two self important individuals can result in the banning of a member and on such tenuous grounds . Would it not have been more democratic at least to have put it to an open vote, is this not an American company after all ? If this opinion results in my being banned then so be it!

Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #51
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbfsinger View Post
Would it not have been more democratic at least to have put it to an open vote, is this not an American company after all ?
Private corporations aren't democracies. (And there's nothing unAmerican about that!)

But, how did I miss this? I've actually been back on the board and yet if it weren't for the thread here, I wouldn't have even known. If anyone cares to PM to catch a girl up, feel free. (I'm not sure if this is something for public discussion, and probably not appropriate in this thread.)

Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #52
diogenes
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieb77 View Post
Ok. on the system\Device Storage page I have 322MB of total space with 147MB available space. 2.47/2.49GB of internal storage and .77/.92GB of SD card space available.

On startup I have numerous applications force closing but from what cheyennadonna says I don't think it is my app space unless I am looking in the wrong place. These are the applications that force close on startup.

com.appventive.execassist.ad (keeps reappearing)
com.andappstore.androidclient
android.process.media
com.fsck.k9
com.appventive.mailprovider
process.bn.ereader
android.process.media

I have tried a factory reset without the SD card or USB card and all my previously downloaded apps are still there. The user settings for the apps are still there. It appears that the factory reset does not work. I have tried downloading the update.zip file and following the instructions on this page on both a SD card and USB device (formatted to FAT32) without luck. I have deleted the apps that are force closing and on restart, everything is still listed and active in the app list.

At this point, I would like to know if there is anyway to restore the pocket edge to the factory settings so my wife can start over. I'll be calling tech support tomorrow but hope someone has any other ideas.
So, did you manage to solve the issue at the end? I seem to be having the exact same problem and cannot figure out how to deal with it.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #53
sammieb77
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes View Post
So, did you manage to solve the issue at the end? I seem to be having the exact same problem and cannot figure out how to deal with it.
Yes. I called tech support. They got it all worked out.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #54
diogenes
Edge User

I've contacted them a couple of days ago, but as I live in Europe, things go a little slow and the phone is not so convenient. Could you tell me how did you solve it? My problem is exactly the same, I get the force close messages and factory reset doesn't do anything. You can PM me if you prefer

Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #55
diogenes
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes View Post
I've contacted them a couple of days ago, but as I live in Europe, things go a little slow and the phone is not so convenient. Could you tell me how did you solve it? My problem is exactly the same, I get the force close messages and factory reset doesn't do anything. You can PM me if you prefer
Nevermind, I fixed it already. Support sent me the link to a golden.update file that I used to wipe the edge clean and reinstall the system. I had some problem at first, with it not being read, but I tried with a different pendrive and double checking that the file wasn't corrupted and everything went fine.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #56
sammieb77
Edge User

Glad to hear it!