Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
sammieb77
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Please let me know what part of "respect" and "courtesy" is not understood.
No worries, I'm not offended.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
sammieb77
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Hi Sammie, I've been running Executive Assistant on my phone, and my edge, for months. To my understanding there are no true viruses for Android - yet - although a couple of games have been tagged as Trojans, and those are coming from Chinese app markets. http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Ne...ations-717465/ and here http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20026804-83.html
What problem are you having with the app?

Here is a link to the developers web page, maybe they can assist. http://www.appventive.com/executive-assistant
When I turn off the PE and turn it back on, there is a force close error naming the Exec. Assistant program. Along with BN Nook app (which I never had trouble with until I put EA on)... Not sure if it's related or not but it seems to be the common denominator.

Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
Chubulor
Edge User

I've always practiced passive resistance against that courtesy rule. The day after Dr. King's holiday is not a good time to stop.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
goodspeech
Edge User

Hmmm.....I really appreciate all the support offered on these forums. I have to say that after looking at some of the posts on other sites the level of direct, friendly support of members from members is impressive. I would have to say that Chubulor's post did not seem to be in the spirit of "spiritual advice" (nice attempt at covering though). Apologies to the person to whom his comment was directed.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieb77 View Post
When I turn off the PE and turn it back on, there is a force close error naming the Exec. Assistant program. Along with BN Nook app (which I never had trouble with until I put EA on)... Not sure if it's related or not but it seems to be the common denominator.
One thing you might want watch is your app space, if you do not leave enough free space your apps will force close and your edge will run slowly.

Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #21
sammieb77
Edge User

Will do. Thank you. I'll keep you guys updated with what happens.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #22
sammieb77
Edge User

Ok. on the system\Device Storage page I have 322MB of total space with 147MB available space. 2.47/2.49GB of internal storage and .77/.92GB of SD card space available.

On startup I have numerous applications force closing but from what cheyennadonna says I don't think it is my app space unless I am looking in the wrong place. These are the applications that force close on startup.

com.appventive.execassist.ad (keeps reappearing)
com.andappstore.androidclient
android.process.media
com.fsck.k9
com.appventive.mailprovider
process.bn.ereader
android.process.media

I have tried a factory reset without the SD card or USB card and all my previously downloaded apps are still there. The user settings for the apps are still there. It appears that the factory reset does not work. I have tried downloading the update.zip file and following the instructions on this page on both a SD card and USB device (formatted to FAT32) without luck. I have deleted the apps that are force closing and on restart, everything is still listed and active in the app list.

At this point, I would like to know if there is anyway to restore the pocket edge to the factory settings so my wife can start over. I'll be calling tech support tomorrow but hope someone has any other ideas.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #23
Chubulor
Edge User

Did you actually uninstall the apps or did you just delete the APKs? Deleting the APK does not remove the app. You have to go to the Settings page to uninstall them.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
fgruber
Edge User

I would try going to executive assistant. Then press menu and then settings.
then make sure you unselect use as welcome screen and use as lock screen. I remember reading something that this options may give conflicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieb77 View Post

Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #25
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I would try going to executive assistant. Then press menu and then settings.
then make sure you unselect use as welcome screen and use as lock screen. I remember reading something that this options may give conflicts
I never thought of that, I use mine as a widget only.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #26
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
While it may be true that no "official" rule against your comments exists, in my opinion it is certainly against the spirit of this Forum!
The good news is that in a society where free speech is valued, those who violate the spirit of things end up ignored. We don't need "rules" to control things. In my humble opinion, the most dangerous thing is when some person or some group becomes convinced that they should be the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong, and then uses their position to assert their self-annointed "power". Throughout history this has led to suffering and bloodshed beyond description.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #27
nprnncbl
Edge User

I believe that Chubulor does indeed treat everyone with the same degree of respect, in accordance with the rule.

It's just not the same degree we might expect from others.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #28
Snow
Edge User

Unfortunately, Chubulor has been warned before and per our rules, has been banned due to his last post. Please keep this is mind if you feel the need to be inappropriate and disrespectful.

edit: It was not his last post but one of his recent posts.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #29
thorne
Edge User

I found nothing flagrant in Chubulor's post. I thought it was witty and very funny. Now, I don't know what he's said in the past, but he certainly should not catch heat for the "God" comment. The poster's quote specifically says God "knows how to fix things even after we've made a mess of them". And the poster, by his own admission, believed he made a mess of his PE. Chubulor's retort, from a comedic point of view, anyway, was quite apropos.

Last edited by thorne; 03-16-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #30
borisb
Edge User

I don't think the forums would be a poorer place if signatures could be disabled althogether, or at least disallowed (meaning if someone uses one, an admin would request they remove it). They seem problematic.