Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #46
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Fore free eBooks check our wiki. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks There is a list of search engines on the page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #47
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Fore free eBooks check our wiki. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks There is a list of search engines on the page.

Dale
I must add this is an excellent source, and saves a lot of delving for free sites.
.... how true ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #48
dachengruoque
dachengruoque began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
great to learn that there are so many sites for searching ebooks over the web thanks a lot
dachengruoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #49
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudokuHater View Post
This looks great, nice work.

Is there any way you can search for more than one country at a time? So, for example, I can see if one of the kobo sites is having a sale or something that I would otherwise be unaware of.
Thanks!

If you're a registered Luzme user (it's a free service), then you can add stores from different countries in your preferences.

The problem you'll have with Kobo (and Google) though, is that although I can display you the prices from the different countries, their store will insist on only selling to you in the country it believes you are from. So if you see a good price on a book in the Kobo GB store, and click through while you're in the US, you'll get the US prices and availablity.

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #50
SudokuHater
SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
Thanks!

If you're a registered Luzme user (it's a free service), then you can add stores from different countries in your preferences.

The problem you'll have with Kobo (and Google) though, is that although I can display you the prices from the different countries, their store will insist on only selling to you in the country it believes you are from. So if you see a good price on a book in the Kobo GB store, and click through while you're in the US, you'll get the US prices and availablity.

Rachel
Thanks a million, that's really helpful. I am now a card-carrying member.
SudokuHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #51
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudokuHater View Post
Thanks a million, that's really helpful. I am now a card-carrying member.
Excellent! I see from your profile that you're in Ireland, which is getting near the top of my list of countries to add. Are there any ebook stores of interest, apart from the usual big ones?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #52
SudokuHater
SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Excellent! I see from your profile that you're in Ireland, which is getting near the top of my list of countries to add. Are there any ebook stores of interest, apart from the usual big ones?
I can't think of any besides the obvious, I'm afraid.
SudokuHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #53
rwillmer
luzme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Hi!

I've just signed up and the site is awesome.

I live in Spain and the only bookstore that seems to be included is iBooks. Are you planning to add more? I'm especially interested in Kobo and Amazon.

Thanks!
Thanks! "Awesome" is a quote I like

You should be seeing Amazon, Apple and Google in Spain, I think.

Do you have a watchlist? If so, please let me know of a book on it which is only showing iBooks and I'll investigate.

What other stores do you want to see in Spain? This is quite new, so I'm very open to suggestions. Casa del Libros? FNAC?

If you're seeing issues or have suggestions with the Spain selections, please use the feedback button (blue icon top left) to file a bug or make a suggestion.

Rachel
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 AM   #54
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Thanks! "Awesome" is a quote I like

You should be seeing Amazon, Apple and Google in Spain, I think.

Do you have a watchlist? If so, please let me know of a book on it which is only showing iBooks and I'll investigate.

What other stores do you want to see in Spain? This is quite new, so I'm very open to suggestions. Casa del Libros? FNAC?

If you're seeing issues or have suggestions with the Spain selections, please use the feedback button (blue icon top left) to file a bug or make a suggestion.

Rachel
I know see Amazon Spain, but not Google or Kobo (I see the American ones, though).

I'm not especially interested in either Casa del Libro or Fnac. I have never bought ebooks from them. They mainly carry Spanish books, which I rarely read or buy. And, what's more, prices of Spanish ebooks are the same everywhere (they are fixed by law) so I guess it's not that interesting in general.

Thanks!
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #55
rwillmer
luzme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
I know see Amazon Spain, but not Google or Kobo (I see the American ones, though).

I'm not especially interested in either Casa del Libro or Fnac. I have never bought ebooks from them. They mainly carry Spanish books, which I rarely read or buy. And, what's more, prices of Spanish ebooks are the same everywhere (they are fixed by law) so I guess it's not that interesting in general.

Thanks!
Hi Odo

I've just added Google Spain, so you should start to see those prices come through. Working on Kobo Spain, I'll add that when I can.

thanks
Rachel
Old 01-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #56
rwillmer
luzme.com

Please file a support ticket via the Luzme site (use the 'blue question mark' button in the bottom right corner), and someone will look into it.

Please include your username and the names of the books in the support ticket.

thanks
Rachel
Old 01-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #57
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Please file a support ticket via the Luzme site (use the 'blue question mark' button in the bottom right corner), and someone will look into it.

Please include your username and the names of the books in the support ticket.

thanks
Rachel
There is no blue question mark, so I went to help then contact support.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please keep in mind that no promotional posts are allowed in this forum or in this thread.

We have a specific place for promotions - and it is the ONLY place in which one may post a promotion. That forum's name is the "Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers" forum.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-13-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #59
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Lol, I can't believe this is still active after over five years. The availability of ebooks sure has changed. I pretty much just use Amazon and iBooks now. When I made this I had a Sony reader. Does Sony even participate in the ereader/ebook market anymore?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #60
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
Lol, I can't believe this is still active after over five years. The availability of ebooks sure has changed. I pretty much just use Amazon and iBooks now. When I made this I had a Sony reader. Does Sony even participate in the ereader/ebook market anymore?
I think that's up in the air at the moment. They closed their eBook stores in North America and Europe/UK... Not sure about Japan. They released the PRS-T3... late 2013?... but didn't market to the North American market. The T3 had a high resolution screen, but no front light. It's kind of a shame since Sony was one of the innovators in the early eInk reader market.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote