Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
mapex
mapex began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
I only see the weekend sections after clicking the "UK" button (in the "Electronic Edition" hosted by digital.olivesoftware.com). But the Calibre recipe uses the links shown on http://www.ft.com/intl/uk-edition. In other words, the recipe does not "click the button".
mapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
piet8stevens
piet8stevens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FT weekend edition

I am not sure where you do not see the Life & Arts section. I see it everywhere on the FT web-site, whether I go to the UK edition or not. Not sure how I can get to the "Electronic Edition" hosted by digital.olivesoftware.com so that I can explain my issue to the FT.

Thank you for your reply,

Piet
piet8stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #18
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Send me your credentials in private msg. I will check it out.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #19
mapex

credentials sent
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Here are the updated recipes.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1169590

This will be included in the next release of Calibre
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
piet8stevens

FT Recipes

Thank you. I have downloaded the new recipes and will give you feedback next weekend.

Question: is it possible to have a recipe that asks for a date and then download the newspaper for that date?

Thanks again - your support is much appreciated.

Piet
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
piet8stevens

Hi, I now see the Life & Arts section on the web (I thought it normally only shows on week-ends), but I still do not get it in the downloaded newspaper, even with your latest recipes. It does not show up in the UK edition and not in the International one, either.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
kiklop74
Guru

There is no life and arts section on printed edition pages
Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #24
piet8stevens

Life & Arts

It is now Saturday and I reran the script. Still no life & arts in downloaded FT.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #25
kiklop74
Guru

I guess we do not understand each other. The recipes I made download articles from these pages:

UK edition - http://www.ft.com/intl/uk-edition
International edition - http://www.ft.com/intl/international-edition

And in both cases I download articles ONLY listed below the title UK | International. In that list there is no Life and Arts. Period.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #26
piet8stevens

Misunderstanding

Your are right - my misunderstanding. I now (finally) understand what to tell the FT.

Thank you for your patience.

Piet
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #27
piet8stevens

FT Life & Arts

OK, I e-mailed the FT requesting them to always include Life & Arts on the 2 links you provided. I will keep you posted on their reply.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
piet8stevens

FT reply

This is what I sent them:
-------------------------------------------
Dear Madam/Sir, I have an electronic subscription to your newspaper and
especially enjoy your week-end edition under Life & Arts.

Now, Life & Arts is on your regular web-site and is referred to on and off
from here: http://www.ft.com/intl/uk-edition (and similarly
http://www.ft.com/intl/international-edition)

It would be much better if both of those pages always refer to Life & Arts
instead of only occasionally. Can you check whether that is possible?
--------------------------------------------
This is their reply:
--------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Financial Times Customer Service and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and will be passed on to our Product team. In the meantime, the new app is designed to feature the Life and Arts during weekends only. During weekdays, you may view featured articles via Arts section.

For your reference, please find below a link regarding the changes, FAQ's and Troubleshooting tips.

http://apps.ft.com/ftwebapp/

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions or require further assistance, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
------------------------------------------
Old 05-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #29
Rabinow81
Rabinow81 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Hi All,

Thanks for discussing the FT Weekend issue.

Can I ask: this was now all about the Life & Arts section. The actual weekend magazine and the House & Home section that was mentioned earlier was not touched upon anymore.

Is that also a point that should be brought to the FT's attention?

Thanks, R81
Rabinow81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #30
mapex

The weekend magazine (How to spend it) is not suited for Calibre and epub because of its layout. But you can read this magazine for free on its own website.

House & Home is of course one of the weekend sections and part of this problem.

What you can do (as I have): Tell FT that the weekend sections "Life & Arts" and "House & Home" are not displayed on the webpage http://www.ft.com/intl/uk-edition on weekends. Tell them that this page should show the weekend sections on weekends and the regular "Arts" section during the week.