Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
FoxkehKayak
Edge User

Question File Name display option in Library?

I am a PhD student and using the edge mostly to keep all my journal articles (pdfs) organized. The tags are great for this because I can assign multiple tags depending on the the subjects of the paper. The problem is that most of these papers start out with a doi#, which is just a long ID. But the edge automatically displays this number as the title under the icon. Is there a way I can have the edge show the file name, or assign a display title? Otherwise I can't tell one article from the other...

Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
sjarrel
Edge User

In Library there are two icons on the bottom left. One with 9 dots and one with 3 dots and stripes. Toggle between them. Maybe there is your answer.

Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Dr. T
Edge User

There's a great thread on the forums discussing this issue and possible solutions. Check out http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ll=1#post10445

Hope that helps!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

In short, boris gave a great description on how to fix the problem:

"To change the name displayed in the Library, tap-and-hold the PDF item and select "Info", then "Edit". You can now edit the "Title" and "Author" that the Library displays. "

and szegan gave some info about a tool to do it on your PC:
"Here is another tool to edit the metadata in PDFs before you upload them to the eDGe's library:
BeCyPDFMetaEdit http://www.becyhome.de/becypdfmetaed...iption_eng.htm
It seems to be more handy for this purpose than the jPDFTweak tool mentioned before."

Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
mrspaceman
Edge User

Or you can use the PC tool Calibre to manage your library, edit the metadata in that application and use it to copy the books to your eDGe.

That is the way I manage all of my ebooks. You then need to use the Bibliotheca App (from AndAppStore) instead of the eDGe library app.

Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
emen
Edge User

I use a free pdf viewer on my desktop, which lets you edit the title and author. It's pretty fast, I just open several files at the same time, press Ctrl+D, type the new title and save the file, then go to the next file and so on.

http://download.cnet.com/PDF-XChange...-10598377.html