Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
77ja55
77ja55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Create clean custom Yahoo Rss feed

Hello, I am wanting to use custom search rss feeds with yahoo for a recipe, whenever I try it, it always comes out strange. I have tried importing the built in yahoo recipe and just changing the feed, but that doesn't work. I have also tried just creating my own and using forcing it to replace the article with the print option, but it has so much extra junk in it. You don't see it on the website in print version, but when I look at the source there is an insane amount of stuff on the print version and all that gets transferred to the kindle. Any thoughts on how to get a stripped down one?

Here is the custom RSS feed that yahoo news gives for seeing the seahawks only:
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/rs...F-8&fl=0&x=wrt

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
77ja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ja55 View Post
Hello, I am wanting to use custom search rss feeds with yahoo for a recipe, whenever I try it, it always comes out strange.
Trying to convert a search to a recipe is probably never going to work well. The search sends you to multiple different sites. Each site has a different formatting, and each site needs to be handled differently by the recipe to not "come out strange". The recipe can't know in advance what to do with the different sites.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert