Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
RedNara
RedNara began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Kindle Shadowing?

So sometime my Kindle seems like it is shadowing.. Like some text are left greyed out. Is this normal?
RedNara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You have a case of ghosting. It's very easy to fix. Just use your keyboard to click alt+g to refresh the screen. The ghosting will be gone.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
RedNara

but is it normal? Does everyones kindle do that one point or another? or is there something wrong with my screen?...
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
it happens like that... thats why the screen goes to inverted colors before displaying the next page...

sometimes, it clears it enough. sometimes not, then do alt-g to manually force it to redisplay

for example, if you open the menu, the whole page doesn;t need to be refreshed, only the right side... and you see a little ghosting over the menu area
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
RedNara

so everyones kindle does that sometime. b/c now im seeing threads where people are talking about how one kindles screen has more contrast than another. :O
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ghosting is inherent in eInk technology. All screens do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
It is normal. As I compare Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 side by side it seems that while K3 has much more contrast it also exhibits considerably more ghosting.

Anyone else notice this?
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I notice my Kindle 3 does ghosting more when it's cold. My Pocket Pro as well. It's normal with E-Ink.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It is normal. As I compare Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 side by side it seems that while K3 has much more contrast it also exhibits considerably more ghosting.

Anyone else notice this?
Nope, but that's something I can test when I get home.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
Pingu
Enthusiast
Pingu began at the beginning.

I notice this a little too esp if the screen is only half filled with text eg the list of collections.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
kaiynne
kaiynne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2us
I am having this issue on the very far right side of the page. as in the last 1/4 of each letter is faded out. If I hit alt G the letters go to full contrast but then slowly fade out again... Anyone else seen this???

wifi kindle 3.
kaiynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiynne View Post
I am having this issue on the very far right side of the page. as in the last 1/4 of each letter is faded out. If I hit alt G the letters go to full contrast but then slowly fade out again... Anyone else seen this???

wifi kindle 3.
That's a new one on me. Do they begin to fade while on the same page or several pages after you hit alt+g?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #13
kaiynne
kaiynne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2us
The same page immediately, as in I hit alt-g they go full contrast and within less than a second have faded.
kaiynne is offline   Reply With Quote