Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #751
crookbond85
crookbond85 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookbond85 View Post
I am using Calibre 2.42.0 with Goodreads Sync Plugin (v 1.7.7) , however i am unable to connect to Goodreads as i am getting Response Code 401.
Error : Invalid OAuth Request

Please help me if there is any fix for this.
I am getting this error while after i let Calibre tries to authenticate Goodreads Plugin in Calibre when trying to connect to my Goodreads login page. I am supposed to get the Goodreads Login Page but i do not get that .

Error Log Pasted :
Response Code 401.
crookbond85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:58 AM   #752
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookbond85 View Post
I am getting this error while after i let Calibre tries to authenticate Goodreads Plugin in Calibre when trying to connect to my Goodreads login page. I am supposed to get the Goodreads Login Page but i do not get that .

Error Log Pasted :
Response Code 401.
Where is this error displayed? Is it in calibre? If so, please get the full error and post it. If it is in the browser, what is the URL that it is trying to get to? Or somewhere else?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #753
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So, the proxy is only working for me?

This version has:

- proxy type set
- A few debugging statements in the connect method. If it doesn't work, run in debug mode and post the log.
- Version set to 1.7.8
it works for me (proxy squid http)!
thank you very much.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:09 AM   #754
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
it works for me (proxy squid http)!
thank you very much.
That's good news.

The only problem I have with what I have done is that I have hard-coded the proxy type. If there is any https use hidden away somewhere, there will be a problem. If that happens, I'll fix it then.

And while looking at the https issue, I stumbled on a bug. I you create a shelf from the configuration dialog, it works, but the plugin reports an error. It is checking for the wrong error code. I have fixed this in the attached beta version. The version number is bumped to 1.7.9.

At this point, I think this works. But, I need at least another report of the proxy working before I can arrange for it to be released.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync-beta4.zip (210.9 KB, 131 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 04:25 AM   #755
maualberti
maualberti began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi David,

it does work for me!

First time I tried I got "servernotfound", then I did something else in Calibre (download metadata for some books) and then I tried again and it did work.

Thanks a lot
mauro

maualberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #756
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Good to hear. I'll give it a few more days in case anything else comes up.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #757
blueinfj
Enthusiast
blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle Oasis
Switch Goodreads Edition

In the past I successfully used the "Switch Goodreads Edition" from the right-click menu. For the last couple of days not so much

When I try to use it I get the following error message:

calibre, version 2.44.1
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

Failed to query goodreads: u'http://www.goodreads.com/work/editions/47838251'

I can sync from my shelves and I can add to my shelves, only the "switch edition" function seems to have gone. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for your help
blueinfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 AM   #758
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I am doing some debugging of this. The error is:

Code:
HTTP Error 301: The HTTP server returned a redirect error that would lead to an infinite loop.
The last 30x error message was:
Moved Permanently
It looks like the redirect is to the same URL but with the book title tacked on the end. When I visit the URL using Firefox, at first it was OK. But, when I logged out of Goodreads, Firefox gave an error like above.

It looks like Goodreads has an issue with this page when you are not logged in. At this point I can't do anything about it. Right now I don't have time to report it to Goodreads. Hopefully someone else will or they will see the error in their logs and fix it.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #759
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.8.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add support for proxies.
  • Add detail to error message when searching for editions.

Thanks to davidfor for making the changes.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #760
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Ok, as I have been attempting to figure out what you guys have done to fix the error problem it seems that I need a clue.

Cannot get the sync to switch editions. Keep getting the error message. I can use the search Goodreads feature, but not switch editions. I updated to the newest version of Calibre, and removed and replaced the plugin....
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #761
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Ok, as I have been attempting to figure out what you guys have done to fix the error problem it seems that I need a clue.

Cannot get the sync to switch editions. Keep getting the error message. I can use the search Goodreads feature, but not switch editions. I updated to the newest version of Calibre, and removed and replaced the plugin....
I haven't done anything to fix the switch editions. As I explained above, it looks like there is a problem with the site. I'm hoping Goodreads will fix that. The change for switch editions was to add detail to the error message. Now, if you press the "Show details" button on the error, you will probably see the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.44.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

Failed to query goodreads: u'https://www.goodreads.com/work/editions/17189468'
Error Code: 301
Error Reason: The HTTP server returned a redirect error that would lead to an infinite loop.
The last 30x error message was:
Moved Permanently
Old 11-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #762
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Yup. Thats the error message. I hope they fix it. I need page counts and prefer it from them rather than an estimate. My workaround has been to search goodreads to find the edition.

When (if) it gets fixed will there be a notification or an update plugin so i know?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #763
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Yup. Thats the error message. I hope they fix it. I need page counts and prefer it from them rather than an estimate. My workaround has been to search goodreads to find the edition.

When (if) it gets fixed will there be a notification or an update plugin so i know?
If the problem and fix is what I think it is, then it will just start working again. I'll comment here if no-one beats me.

And a few moments of testing...

I just tested here at work, and it seems to be working again. I'll have to recheck when I get home as well.

And yes, checking from home, it is working. It look like Goodreads fixed their code.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-25-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:21 AM   #764
scorpion2782
Enthusiast
scorpion2782 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I have installed version 1.8.0 but when i try to update progress i received this error:
calibre, version 2.45.0
ERRORE: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/user_status.xml
Response Code: 422
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errors>
<error>Body is too long (maximum is 420 characters)</error>
</errors>
scorpion2782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #765
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion2782 View Post
I have installed version 1.8.0 but when i try to update progress i received this error:
calibre, version 2.45.0
ERRORE: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/user_status.xml
Response Code: 422
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errors>
<error>Body is too long (maximum is 420 characters)</error>
</errors>
You put in a review? It looks like this is limited to 420 characters. I'll have to add a check to prevent the error.

Tags
calibre, goodreads