Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
Question Has anyone tried Color Lux

Hello,

I have seen a review of it by goodereader (which was negative) yet I wish someone here who have tried this device themselves to give us a review of it. For example: how long does it take to open a webpage?

Thanks.
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
Re: Has anyone tried Color Lux

My brother has got one he wrote:

Quote:
Got my new "Pocketbook Color Lux" e-book reader yesterday, the "world's 1st E-Ink reader with color display and frontlight". The gadget (software and design) is made by an Ukrainian company (assembly and hardware is made in Taiwan). Even my wife loved it when she found she could play Sudoku on it and it came preinstalled with hundreds of Russian und Ukrainian books. You can access the Internet via WLAN, and plug in earphones to listen to books or music. The touch interface works quite well and is pretty responsive for an E-Ink device. So I think it's really nice and useful. Of course, I also found some disadvantages: Because of the additional RGB-layer, the background is very dark (different from usual E-Ink devices), so you can't read indoors without switching the frontlight on (outdoors in sunlight it's perfect, though). Also, though the large screensize of 8 inch is nice, the resolution is pretty low. Still, all in all, I really like it. Well done, PocketBook
Perhaps that helps
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks so much MartinZ!
Goodereader said it takes 6 minutes to open a webpage. Is this true?
Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
Thanks so much MartinZ!
Goodereader said it takes 6 minutes to open a webpage. Is this true?
Thanks again.
I'm wondering from your questions whether you are looking for a tablet with colour e-ink screen? If so, you'd probably be disappointed with the PocketBook device. It is a low powered reading device, and expecting more from it is going to lead to frustration.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Heba
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm wondering from your questions whether you are looking for a tablet with colour e-ink screen? If so, you'd probably be disappointed with the PocketBook device. It is a low powered reading device, and expecting more from it is going to lead to frustration.
I know that an e-ink screen is different from a tablet, yet I'm looking for an e-ink screen that's not "too awful".
Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I know that an e-ink screen is different from a tablet, yet I'm looking for an e-ink screen that's not "too awful".
In the meantime while anxiously waiting for (e-paper)Godot (i.e. at least two or three more years for affordable 13.3" fast and light color e-ink or Liquavista-like reflective LCD with stylus) if any e-reader there is too slow for our liking at handling pdfs, we can use apps like k2pdfopt to quickly and easily optimize pdf for our device beforehand.

With k2pdfopt we can automatically change a pdf page size and resolution to exactly match those of our e-reader's screen and at the same time crop empty margins and turn it to landscape and also change complex pdf commpression(if there is one involved) to bitmaps(OCR layer will be retained), so that e-reader's processor just have to show already perfectly tailored page without the need for much computation or memory resources on its part.

We can also use it to reflow A4 sized pdf to fit our 6", 8" or 10" device (both scanned pdf images(bitmaps) or textual pdfs(vectors)) .

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

Last edited by markom; 04-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Where are people finding these for sale in the US, and what is the price, pls/thx?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Where are people finding these for sale in the US, and what is the price, pls/thx?
I guess
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/pro...book-color-lux
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I got my Touch Lux on Amazon, but I don't see the color version listed yet.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #10
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Thank you, yes I see it there but still no price that I can find.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #11
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Thank you, yes I see it there but still no price that I can find.
I've read somewhere, they don't actively sell the Lux Color anymore.
There seem to be some left on stock and so they ask you to call for an offer.
No idea, whether that's true.
But it (=not actively selling anymore) could make sense, given some of the extremely harsh reviews...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
pendragginp
Guru

Hmmm...interesting.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,
I found this with a price : http://boutique.pocketbook.fr/index....roller=product It seems that you can buy it because there is some device in stock.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #14
pendragginp
Guru

I see,

Tags
color eink, color lux, pocketbook