Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
georger
georger began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
How to make personal EPUBS compatible with Sony Reader PRS-505

With sony releasing the update that allows their reader to support the epub file format i have developed the desire to upload my own personal epubs to my sony reader. i upload my epubs to the reader but when i go to read one on the reader i get an error message and cannot read the book. does anyone know how i can get the epubs that i make readable on my sony reader? thanks

-george
georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
georger
georger began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
fyi when i say personal epubs i mean epubs that i make from indesign
georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Try this:

Producing EPUB Documents from InDesign

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitaleditio...sign-epub.html
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
If you get an error message on the PRS-505 and the same file works fine on DE desktop then I know the problem: you're using a single XML flow or one of your XML flows is too large. That's a common problem with the mobile version of DE.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
I would do the following.
Check to see if your ePub file displays in Digital Editions.
The run epub check on your ePub to see if it turns up anything interesting.

Also you may want to read our "EPUB Best Practices Guide" (this one is on our dev center which has other good info as well)
Of particular note is a memory problem we have on the Sony Reader, if you have a single chapter (the XHTML document not including the images) that has a size of greater 300K (uncompressed). (I see Hadrien beat me to this one )

If after that you think there is still a problem email me and I'll start up a bug report for you.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub, prs-505, sony reader