Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's the apps website (with support options for the OP)...
http://www.redjumper.net/bookcreator/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #17
OmniOmega
OmniOmega began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks for the help so far. Smashwords have said that they will contact Apple to try and resolve this problem. I am guessing it will take about one week. I will let all of you know if and when the problem is resolved. It is great that you have all replied to my messages, thanks.

As for Notjohn, look up the frontal lobe and its importance. Also, I am in Japan. Knowing vocabulary is an important part of learning a language. Thirdly, I hated school as a child and you might be surprised to learn that my kids love attending my classes; more than you can imagine. Learning can be both efficient and extremely fun. There is a lot to think about when teaching children; gross-moror-skills, fine-motor-skills and of course mental skills. Reading a book like this aloud for just 1 minute a day will make a massive difference in the child's future. A chance I did not have as a child because no one really knew about the effects of such a simple task. If children having a successful future and enjoying life is a bad thing then i am a bad teacher. After you meet one of my 5 year old students, I would love to hear your opinion again. I wrote all this because I hope that you will mention your ideas in the future but not judge unless you are absolutely sure about something. You are using your past experiences as an example. I have eaten a bad hamburger. Does that mean that every hamburger is bad?
OmniOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #18
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't know about Smashwords, but Draft2Digital is great when it comes to dealing with Apple. On Tuesday I republished a book that Apple had rejected because I referred to the iBookstore rather than the required iBooks Store, plus one dead link.

On Wednesday, I got a second rejection by Apple for the identical reasons. I emailed D2D to point out that they had been corrected.

On Thusday, I got a reply from D2D confirming that they'd checked the epub and found that I had indeed fixed the errors, and they would go back to Apple for more information.

And on Friday, I got the form email stating that the book was live on the Apple store (or should I saw iBooks Store?), and indeed it is.

I suspect that Apple's real problem with the book is that it mentions Amazon in the title: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id948746747
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #19
OmniOmega
OmniOmega began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks for the information Notjohn. I am glad to hear that you managed to get past the problems presented before you. It is good to have people like you sharing and helping others. My problem has not been resolved as of yet but I am not in any rush. Take care and enjoy your weekend.
OmniOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:54 AM   #20
Book Creator app
Book Creator app began at the beginning.

Device: none
Response from the Book Creator Team

Hi everyone, I'm from the Book Creator team.

I can confirm that Book Creator books are fixed layout ePub 3 format, and as such are optimised for the iBooks store, so any issue the OP is having must come from the fact that Smashwords have altered the book after exporting it from Book Creator.

I downloaded the sample of the book from iBooks and it looks ok in iBooks on my Mac, but on the iPad there is an issue with the sizing (this may be down to some change in viewport settings, as has been prescribed here).

I would assume that when Smashwords uploaded a separate piece of cover art to the the book - this has caused a problem. If they just upload the original ePub sent to them, as it was exported from Book Creator, it should be fine for iBooks.

Kind regards
Dan

Book Creator Team
@BookCreatorApp
Book Creator app is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Creator app View Post
Hi everyone, I'm from the Book Creator team.

I can confirm that Book Creator books are fixed layout ePub 3 format, and as such are optimised for the iBooks store, so any issue the OP is having must come from the fact that Smashwords have altered the book after exporting it from Book Creator.

I downloaded the sample of the book from iBooks and it looks ok in iBooks on my Mac, but on the iPad there is an issue with the sizing (this may be down to some change in viewport settings, as has been prescribed here).

I would assume that when Smashwords uploaded a separate piece of cover art to the the book - this has caused a problem. If they just upload the original ePub sent to them, as it was exported from Book Creator, it should be fine for iBooks.

Kind regards
Dan

Book Creator Team
@BookCreatorApp
Hi, Dan:

Is BookCreator a fixed-format output product? IF it is, as I mentioned in this thread earlier, Smashwords doesn't accept fixed-format, and that, most likely, is what is creating problems with the output.

(I take it that this is a Different "BookCreator" than the other one? The one that's macro-based, been around forever?)

Best,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub size, size, size issues, size problems, tiny