Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Freebie: The Serpent Bride by Sara Douglass

The third free book in Eos Books 10th Anniversary promo is now available from Harper Collins (Mobi, MS Reader or PDF).

The Serpent Bride: DarkGlass Mountain Series, Book 1 by Sara Douglass

CLICK HERE FOR BOOK ends July 31, 2008, Coupon Code EOS3

Quote:
Sara Douglass has won legions of fans around the world for her epic tales of sorcery, forbidden love, and heart-pounding action. Now, with the DarkGlass Mountain saga, she reveals her biggest adventure yet.

Rescued from unspeakable horror, Ishbel Brunelle has devoted her life to a Serpent cult that reads the future in the entrails of its human sacrifices. But the Serpent has larger plans for Ishbel than merely being archpriestess, plans that call for a dangerous royal marriage balancing on the edge between treachery and devotion, and an eerie, eldritch warning: Prepare for the Lord of Elcho Falling . . .

And there are other dangers. For while Tencendor is gone, even its fall cannot destroy the Icarii. As the Tyrant of Isembaard reaches for glory, both StarDrifter SunSoar and his son, Axis, are pulled into the deadly dance of intrigue and sorcery. The DarkGlass Mountain—once known as the Threshold—is waiting, and as the Dark God Kanubai rises from his prison in exile, no one will escape unscathed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Thank you for posting the link, however this eBook is only available to residents of USA. I'm very disappointed.
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisby View Post
Thank you for posting the link, however this eBook is only available to residents of USA. I'm very disappointed.
Well that sucks. I suppose they only have publishing rights for the US or something.

It looks like folks from outside the US were able to download the first freebie they did anyway, don't know if it'll work for this one...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19054

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-04-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

It looks like folks from outside the US were able to download the first freebie they did anyway, don't know if it'll work for this one...

Thank you, I just tried, but the first one (Robin Hobbs) is no longer available as a free download. No matter, I've downloaded so many books from Mobileread over the past couple of days that I now have many hours of reading ahead.
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The Microsoft Reader version isn't working. I've downloaded the book, but it keeps telling me that I need to update the reader to read the book. When I go to Microsoft's site, it tells me everything is up to date. What's up?

Edit: actually, all my secure lit books don't work. What's the deal?

Jason

Last edited by TheLongshot; 05-07-2008 at 01:38 AM.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Yep, no problem
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #7
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
The Microsoft Reader version isn't working. I've downloaded the book, but it keeps telling me that I need to update the reader to read the book. When I go to Microsoft's site, it tells me everything is up to date. What's up?

The same thing happened to me, some time ago... I followed Microsoft's advice, but that didn't do much good... If I remember correctly, I fixed my problem by reinstalling MS Reader. Good luck!
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post

Jason
That's not a problem specific to this book. From my experience it's a weird problem that pops up with the reader software from time to time. Most of the times it's happened to me a simple restart takes care of it.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
That's not a problem specific to this book. From my experience it's a weird problem that pops up with the reader software from time to time. Most of the times it's happened to me a simple restart takes care of it.
Well, neither of the above has fixed the problem. Reminds me why I hate DRM.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just downloaded this in MS Reader format and immediately removed the DRM. My MS Reader would need to be reinstalled and reactivated in order to read LIT with DRM. But removing the DRM is ok. And by having it not actually work, it reminds me to remove the DRM right away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote