Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Conversion corruption

Hello! I have been trying to convert a mobipocket (.prc*) to Word or PDF but not been successful so far.

The file had DRM when I bought it (mobishop). I think I successfully stripped the DRM though (at least according to the information from the stripping program and from the eBook reader software.) The file is completely intact withoug the DRM - no damage.

But then when I try to convert the file to PDF, Word ot HTML I get only meaningless characters! I tried two separate programs and several different formats.

I thought at first it was a character set issue, but it doesn't seem like it - I checked absolutely everything.

First time I do this, so I could really use some advice - what could be wrong?

Last edited by martienne; 12-13-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What happens if you view your DRM-free file in MobiPocket viewer? Does it look OK there? That's obviously the first thing you need to check - whether the corruption is occurring at the DRM removal stage, or the format conversion stage of the process.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks Harry - Sorry I posted twice, it was completely unintentional. I stayed up far too late with this and something else. Enough said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I checked the DRM free file in Mobireader and it was absolutely fine.
Displays fine and reports in the Properties box that it has no DRM.

I think the problem is win the coversion from PRC to something else...
Old 12-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thread closed at the poster's request. We're carrying on the discussion here.

Closed Thread