Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Another dumb query from a newbie!

I have my 505 ssort of et up with Digital Adobe and also the ebook library. However, the ebook library is not showing the library from the Adobe digital.
Should I be able to see the stuff I bought from Waterstones etc? If so, how do I connect the 2 libraries? i thought it would be a bit like an iTunes library, but I am sadly mistaken.
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Hi Panda

It's not a dumb question...

No, the two libraries are until now separated- Adobe Digital Library's usual formats (ePub and PDF- Waterstones sells ePubs) aren't supported by Sony Library until now. I understand there will be an update very soon, since Sony will switch to the ePub standard for its shop, and that will be quite the end of this mess!

Last edited by Juliette; 08-18-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
thanks for the reply. Now I understand what is happening - sort of!
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
No, the two libraries are until now separated- Adobe Digital Library's usual formats (ePub and PDF- Waterstones sells ePubs) aren't supported by Sony Library until now. I understand there will be an update very soon, since Sony will switch to the ePub standard for its shop, and that will be quite the end of this mess!
Actually, you can open EPUB and PDF files in eBook Library. But you'll have to add them manually - either from the ADE's library or from the Reader.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote