Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
For anyone that is either an Apple "fanboy" in love with the technology, or someone who is opposed to the "walled garden" that Apple is currently creating, Steve Wozniak's biography is a very good read. This will reveal a lot about Steve Jobs, who he is, and where he wants to take his company.

And probably why they parted company....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #62
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And probably why they parted company....
Actually, I believe Steve still works for Apple. Have you read the biography?
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #63
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No I have not, but I'm sure it is interesting....so many books, so little time...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #64
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't want anyone to think I was trying to diss Steve... I don't want to be caught up in these fanboy wars going on right now. This was a comment about the history of Apple, and the founders. I was very surprised when I read it. It was nothing like I previously understood about Apple, and what the company stood for. I believe Wozniak is still a big fan of Apple, but you really need to read the book to understand.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #65
kennyc

and I didn't mean to imply that there was any bad blood, but I do know that Woz has been out doing his own thing for a very long time now...
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #66
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
I don't want anyone to think I was trying to diss Steve...
In the latest issue of the German magazine "Der Spiegel" (The Mirror) is a complete portrait about Steve Jobs.

After that text he preferred virgins as girlfriends and pays his daughter only an allowance around 300 USD a month.

Perhaps somebody has translated it in English so far.

Last edited by joblack; 05-02-2010 at 02:02 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #67
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
and I didn't mean to imply that there was any bad blood, but I do know that Woz has been out doing his own thing for a very long time now...
And he is still an employee of Apple.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #68
kennyc

Probably just a token thing. He certainly doesn't seem to have any significant involvement from what I know.

Per Wikipedia:

Employment with Apple

Wozniak did not immediately return to Apple after recovering from the crash. Instead, he married Clark and returned to UC Berkeley under the name "Rocky Raccoon Clark" (Rocky was his dog's name and Clark his wife's maiden name), finally earning his undergraduate degree in 1986. In May 1982 and 1983, Wozniak also sponsored two US Festivals to celebrate evolving technologies; they ended up as a technology exposition and a rock festival as a combination of music, computers, television and people.

In 1983 he decided to return to Apple product development, but he wanted no more of a role than that of an engineer and a motivational factor for the Apple workforce.[4]

Wozniak permanently ended his full-time employment with Apple on February 6, 1987, 12 years after creating the company. He still remains an employee (and receives a paycheck)[4][7] and is a shareholder.[8] He also maintains connections with Steve Jobs.

Last edited by kennyc; 05-02-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Tags
ipad, iphone