Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Reeeder
Reeeder began at the beginning.

Device: K3 (internat.)
Question Anki on K3?

Hi there,
I just registered so my question may be a bit queer and moreover, I'm no native speaker so apologies...

I am one of those many who found out that learning a foreign language is best done with a good flashcard tool - of which IMHO Anki is one of the best and most popular .

Now the question is how Anki can best be run on a K3.
One possibility that always works is using the online version of Anki, which works with the WebKit browser. However, I don't have 3G so I'm not always online.
Therefore I want to somehow install an offline version, of which several are available (among others some Linux distributions, an Android version, etc):
http://ankisrs.net/

In principle, that should somehow work with a Linux based Kindle OS or be made working??
Question is
a. what hacks/jailbreak/... do I need for that?
b. how is this done???

I know that I'm definitely not the only one interested in running Anki on a Kindle, but this is probably ways beyond my tech skills, so please help....

Reeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'd also like to see an Anki port or a port of another SRS for the Kindle. However, there doesn't seem to much interest in a flashcard software for the Kindle.
BTW, it would be relatively easy to create a batch file that will automatically convert a tab delimited list to a custom mobi file that has one word per page followed by the translation on the next page. You'd then be able to cycle through all entries using the page forward and backward buttons. Of course it would have no SRS functionality.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
anki, flashcard, flashcards, hack, hacks