Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Libre Color - Lower price from Aluratek

I see Aluratek on their website have lowered the price for the Libre Color to $129.99. Of course where I live that would be $150.00 after adding shipping and tax
They also have listed the Libre Touch as coming soon. List price $149.9.9

Last edited by Gardenman; 04-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
B&H Photo (where I got mine) still has the Libre Color for $106, free shipping, and no tax unless you're in New York State.

I am liking mine more and more!

Last edited by Catlady; 04-14-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
cdntinpusher
cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libre Color
New Libre Touch specs

The Libre Touch is the Gajah BK7005 reference design. This photo from CES shows the specs. It looks like it will running a Rockchip RK2808/ARM9 400MHz processor with 64MB RAM. It will have a resistive touchscreen with 800×480 display and run Android 1.5. Interestingly, battery life is rated at 300 charge cycles, but no indication of run time on a full charge.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/wp...01/gajah-6.png

For comparison, here are the specs on the Libre Color, aka the BK7001:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/wp...01/gajah-4.png

Hard to say whether it will be worth it until someone gets their hands on one. Lots of resistive touchscreens (i.e. Pandigital) are frustrating to use. It looks like the BK7005 does have physical page turn buttons on the right side, maybe, but they won't be much use if you like to read in landscape mode, one-handed, and be able to turn pages without having to use your other hand. However, the ability to get email and surf the web at that price point might be nice, if the performance isn't too sluggish.

Can't wait to see some reviews on it.
cdntinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
cdntinpusher
cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libre Color
Quote:
B&H Photo (where I got mine) still has the Libre Color for $106, free shipping, and no tax unless you're in New York State.

I am liking mine more and more!
For the price and it's versatility, not to mention the nice ergonomics with the way the D-pa controls adjust to orientation, it's hard to beat! It has become my primary way to watch video, instead of my laptop.
cdntinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I am liking the backlit screen for reading. I have it turned way down to only 10 percent brightness. I can still keep the font small enough to feel like a real page in a paper book--with the JBL, I had to either turn up the lights at home or magnify the font quite a bit. I also really, really like the color, even when it's just for the book covers.

I wish there was some way to attach a wrist strap to it. I like it for reading in bed because of the backlight, but am afraid of falling asleep and dropping it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I emailed them with some questions about the Touch Screen color. This is their reply:

"We should have a leather cover for the AEBK08FB available in about a month. You can only purchase and download ebooks wirelessly from Kobobooks.com. The ebooks sold by Barnes & Noble and Amazon will only open on their respective e-readers or devices that support their software. They will not open on the Libre Touch. The Libre Touch can run apps but it has not been tested with quickoffice. Any app must be compatible with Android 1.5."

Looks like I would have to root it to get the apps I want. 1.5 android is too old! I don't want to be the first to root one, so I guess I will pass.

Last edited by peitsao; 05-21-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: too early in the morning--need more cuppa joe!
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote