Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Rip out DRM off Mobi Pocket.

I did a search and didn't find anything definitive.

I want to get this http://www.cyberread.com/The-Lightni...RICK/id101839/ but it is says it is protected. I don't want to spend the money for it if I can't use it.

It is the only one I can find (the other is the Kindle Store, and do not want to read it on my Iphone).

is there a step by step process?
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is available as an ePub in the UK, but geographic restrictions may prevent you from buying it.

To strip the MOBI DRM, use mobidedrm.py. This is probably legal in the US for personal use on ebooks you buy. Note that mobidedrm also works on Kindle AZW ebooks from your iPhone if you copy them to a PC and use the iPhone's AZW PID.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It worked for the book I bought, though I don't plan to buy from mobipocket anymore.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This is available as an ePub in the UK, but geographic restrictions may prevent you from buying it.

To strip the MOBI DRM, use mobidedrm.py. This is probably legal in the US for personal use on ebooks you buy. Note that mobidedrm also works on Kindle AZW ebooks from your iPhone if you copy them to a PC and use the iPhone's AZW PID.

how do I use that?

also I like mobi books. I have a couple. Not really liking Adobe Digital.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
how do I use that?

also I like mobi books. I have a couple. Not really liking Adobe Digital.
I'm afraid that you mustn't ask for help in removing DRM. It's against the MobileRead site policy to either ask for, or to provide, such help.

Thanks for your consideration.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
rock
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid that you mustn't ask for help in removing DRM. It's against the MobileRead site policy to either ask for, or to provide, such help.

sorry, didn't know. So forget that request. I just assumed since I see it talked about often.

Last edited by rock; 12-14-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Is it OK to ask how to get a Kindle file off of an iPhone? I'm curious about both - if it's allowed and how its done.
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Well, what the policy says is:
Quote:
MobileRead does not condone or support the use of this web site to break the law. This means that we will not allow posting of instructions showing someone how to break the law, or requests for such instructions.
That was the only thing I could find that was relevant. This does not seem to cover asking for DRM-removal since removing DRM is for some people legal but it does seem to cover asking for how to buy books which you are not allowed to buy by circumventing the checks in ebook shops.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112 View Post
Is it OK to ask how to get a Kindle file off of an iPhone?
See Can I export kindle books from iphone? and you may also be interested in kindlepid/kindlefix 0.2.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, what the policy says is:

That was the only thing I could find that was relevant. This does not seem to cover asking for DRM-removal since removing DRM is for some people legal but it does seem to cover asking for how to buy books which you are not allowed to buy by circumventing the checks in ebook shops.
It's a tricky affair, but I think we can agree that talking about DRM-removal is fine; what Harry meant (in reply to rock's question) is that we cannot host detailed instruction - a step by step guide for instance - on how to use mobidedrm.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Step by step instructions are readily available via web search anyway. No need to post them here.
There is even a Calibre plug-in version of the tool that automatically converts DRM'ed files as they're imported to Calibre.
All that is needed is to search for the removal tool by name and scan the first few pages of results.
When it comes to the web, just knowing the stuff exists is enough.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Thanks Wallcraft!
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Step by step instructions are readily available via web search anyway. No need to post them here.
There is even a Calibre plug-in version of the tool that automatically converts DRM'ed files as they're imported to Calibre.
All that is needed is to search for the removal tool by name and scan the first few pages of results.
When it comes to the web, just knowing the stuff exists is enough.
Yew would think so, but I have been unable to find the Calibre plug-in.

And I don't even want to be naughty with it!
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Yew would think so, but I have been unable to find the Calibre plug-in.

And I don't even want to be naughty with it!
All you need to know is where MobiDeDRM originated.
That particular blog is still active and generating many new conversion tools that don't necessarily have anything to do with DRM but have to do with reverse engineering ebook formats like ereader and pml. Persistence and careful reading of the web search results can be very productive.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It's a tricky affair, but I think we can agree that talking about DRM-removal is fine; what Harry meant (in reply to rock's question) is that we cannot host detailed instruction - a step by step guide for instance - on how to use mobidedrm.
That is a much better statement. Because then people can ask and maybe receive information in a personal reply without feeling they have done something against the policy.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote