Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #36466
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
High school senior year! Thanks, but if I was so cute back then, why did my girlfriend dump me the following year for a cashier at K-Mart? I was crushed for almost a month! Got a genuine 'Dear John' letter... And she never did give me back my Varsity sweater or sheet music to 'Moon River!'

Stitchawl
There's no accounting for taste I guess. She sounds very materialistic keeping those things that obviously had meaning to you. Maybe it was the Kmart employee discount she was after. Have any idea what happened to her in later years?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #36467
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
You can find the words and music to almost any song. Between Google, Chordie.com, Mudcat.com, Ultimate Guitar.com, etc, I've found EVERY song I've ever looked for, and the chords or tab to play them....
I love Chordie.com. It's a very useful site. As for what you said earlier about not being able to remember the key you used to play some tunes in, I've always felt keys were over-rated. The important thing is that everyone's playing in the same one at the same time. Although at times a mash-up of different keys can produce some interesting results.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #36468
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
There's no accounting for taste I guess. She sounds very materialistic keeping those things that obviously had meaning to you. Maybe it was the Kmart employee discount she was after. Have any idea what happened to her in later years?
She is still married to the K-Mart cashier, (she married him 6 months after we broke up,) and living about 10 miles from where she was when we were going steady. I saw her on Facebook just last year, for the first time since we were teenagers. She refused to 'Friend' me. Other than being about 30kg heavier than she was at 17, she still looks pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I love Chordie.com. It's a very useful site. As for what you said earlier about not being able to remember the key you used to play some tunes in, I've always felt keys were over-rated. The important thing is that everyone's playing in the same one at the same time. Although at times a mash-up of different keys can produce some interesting results.
Tonight's session produced the very best music since I've been back in Thailand. Everyone was right on for every song, and we all just clicked together. Usually in the same key. But not always. God bless the minor pentatonic scale... with kudos to the Mixolydian mode as well! We played everything from Delta Blues to Flamenco!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #36469
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We'll have to jam next time you're in town.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #36470
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
We'll have to jam next time you're in town.
I'd certainly be up for that! It's a date!
My goal for today is to work out the picking pattern that Traffic uses for 'John Barleycorn Must Die.' I like that arrangement.

Stitchawl
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #36471
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Reminiscing about how awesome "Gravity" was!
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #36472
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
it was pretty darn good!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #36473
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
it was pretty darn good!
'was?' Do ya mean there is no more gravity? Wow!

Stitchawl
Old 10-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #36474
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Woke up after 3AM. struggling a bit, but am determined not to make it a sleep all day kind of day again. I did that last week.

Going to get up and have some breakfast once everyone is up to go to work and school.

Life at 24, .
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #36475
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I should see Gravity today. Neil DeGrasse Tyson went on a Twitter rant the other day posting one twit after another concerning all the places where the movie got the science wrong (such as why Sandra Bullock's hair was not affected by the zero-G conditions), although he did say the movie detailed a very real danger that astronauts face. Then a few minutes later he posted the he liked the movie, despite the mistakes.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #36476
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It was a very enjoyable flick. We liked it a lot.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #36477
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Considering getting a Kobo Aura. I really want a lighted reader and I had hoped that the Paperwhite 2 would be good but there are still problems. I know chances are that if I order a PW2 mine will be good, but if I need to return it it's such a hassle sending it back to the US. I also know Kobo's readers got it's quirks but I can get them locally so exchanging it is a lot easier.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #36478
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Considering getting a Kobo Aura. I really want a lighted reader and I had hoped that the Paperwhite 2 would be good but there are still problems. I know chances are that if I order a PW2 mine will be good, but if I need to return it it's such a hassle sending it back to the US. I also know Kobo's readers got it's quirks but I can get them locally so exchanging it is a lot easier.
I'm a lifelong Kindle fan (and got a PW2 with a fine screen) - but I also own a Kobo AuraHD (the big screen model) - and find it a fine lighted reader. I've not seen the smaller screen Aura models.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #36479
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm a lifelong Kindle fan (and got a PW2 with a fine screen) - but I also own a Kobo AuraHD (the big screen model) - and find it a fine lighted reader. I've not seen the smaller screen Aura models.
After reading the Aura impression thread and reading that some people see a diamond pattern etched in the screen when holding the reader in direct (sun)light which seems to blur the text, especially at the top of the screen, I'm now leaning towards the Aura HD and I'm reading the impression thread about it.

The price difference is only €20 and since it will be my at home ereader the bigger size isn't a problem.

My local MediaMarkt has the HD in stock, tomorrow I'm going to see if they have it on display and compare it to my Kindle non-touch.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #36480
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I've decided to make a new saddle for the bridge of my guitar. I prefer a 'compensated' saddle over a standard one, as the guitar's intonation is more accurate when played down the neck. I have some water buffalo bone in my drawer (doesn't everyone?) that will work perfectly. Bone gives almost the very best tone (ivory is the only thing better) for this purpose, so two hours work this morning with some files, sandpaper, and a good caliper will turn that bone into a properly sized guitar saddle, and get me ready for tonight's jam.

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?