Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Fonts on the PRS-600

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to put my own fonts on the PRS-600, similar to the PRS-505, without having to embed them into the epub.

Or an even easier way would be great. I am not a fan of the default sony font, unfortunately

Last edited by forkyfork; 10-31-2009 at 06:43 PM.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
latexsalesman
Enthusiast
latexsalesman doesn't litterlatexsalesman doesn't litter

Device: Pw2 @ Retina Mini
There are many posts on how easy it is to change fonts with Calibre and ePub, which is my favorite format. To sum it make sure that you have a fonts folder in your readers root directory or data directory and use the following code in the extra css portion of Calibre:

@font-face {
font-family:"MinionPro";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src:url(res:///Data/fonts/MinionPro-MediumDisp.otf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
src:url(res:///Data/fonts/MinionPro-SemiboldDisp.otf);
}
@font-face {
font-style: italic;
src:url(res:///Data/fonts/MinionPro-MediumItDisp.otf);
}
@font-face {
src:url(res:///Data/fonts/MinionPro-SemiboldIt.otf);
}

body {font-family:"MinionPro", serif;
}

Choose your favorite fonts and go crazy...

I Want to be your LatexSalesMan!!!
latexsalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thank you.

Out of curiosity, where can I obtain the otf files? I thought they were only available at ttf?
Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
Out of curiosity, where can I obtain the otf files? I thought they were only available at ttf?
OTF (Open Type Font) and TTF (TrueType Font) are both supported.

Has anyone ever bothered to ask Adobe if there is a global CSS file (similar to what iSilo provides) so that I can edit a single file on the device and modify all ePubs (including commercial ones)? Sure would be nice...
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
forkyfork
Zealot

Er... I tried your CSS thing in Calibre, but can't seem to get it to work. Does it only work on epub files?

What am I doing wrong
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Er... I tried your CSS thing in Calibre, but can't seem to get it to work. Does it only work on epub files?
It is ePub-specific, as far as I know.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
LoganK
Groupie

Quote:
When using Calibre, you may want to look into the "Embed Fonts" option under "LRF Output". I think this option uses the fonts installed on your system.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
vho3000
vho3000 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Could not get this to work in my PRS600

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexsalesman View Post
There are many posts on how easy it is to change fonts with Calibre and ePub, which is my favorite format. To sum it make sure that you have a fonts folder in your readers root directory or data directory and use the following code in the extra css portion of Calibre:

@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}

}

I am most interested in having Chinese ePub made with Calibre and read on PRS600. But I tried and cannot get it to work. Please provide details on your method of reading Chinese ePub on PRS 600. Thanks.
vho3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
vho3000

Quote:

@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}

}

I am most interested in having Chinese ePub made with Calibre and read on PRS600. But I tried and cannot get it to work. Please provide details on your method of reading Chinese ePub on PRS 600. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
vho3000

Chinese ePub displayed PRS 600

Quote:

@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}
@font-face {
}

}

I get Chinese ePub displayed in PRS 600 eventually!

In 1.05d or 1.05f, Porkupan has already hacked the PRS 600 to read ePub using the 3 styles defined by Porkupan. Those are userStyle, userStyle.dflt, userStyle.droid. Just edit these Styles and put in whatever Chinese fonts in both the Styles and \ePub\Font folder. Do not use extra CSS in Calibre.

It is that simple! But Porkupan never explain that in any manuals. Those are designed to display Russian. For Chinese display, these all need to be replaced. Special thanks must be extended to Porkupan.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
cgk
Enthusiast
cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite Signature
Can someone link me to a good step by step guide to doing this?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
the problem after installing the Porkupan 1.05 is that it DOES NOT support chinese system font, so all titles and TOC are unreadable.

The old 1.04 by modified by HiPDA uses Chinese system font, so titles and TOCs work, but there is no ePub folder

how do I get the newest Porkupan and Chinese system font to work together?

please help
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
In case it helps someone:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&page=99#1480
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote