Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #46
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. I don't understand what multitasking has to do with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Very little to do with multitasking, more a matter of perception and how it functions. Flashy and or moving things naturally attract our attention -- it's an evolutionary survival mechanism. The animated avatars that are the target of this thread result in the behaviors described above -- distraction from the posted message(s), annoyance, avoidance, placing on ignore lists, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose_Appeal View Post
I'd hate to see you with a kaleidoscope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I sense a distinct lack of understanding of the issue

A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #47
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I like moving avatars and GIFs.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #48
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I don't like the animated avatars, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to request excluding them.

The way I see it, if there are few members with animated avatars it isn't a big issue and if there are many it means that many like them and there is no point in spoiling the fun of many.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I like moving avatars and GIFs.
You revived a four-year old thread to tell us that?

Seriously, I wouldn't seek their banishment, but I've seen some that are very distracting. Yours I like. I used one myself last Halloween, but I only used it for the holiday and went back to my static one afterward.

BTW, that really is me in the gif above, although I don't know who the white guy is.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-22-2013 at 12:20 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote