Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Budget Cool-er Reader with Color Touchscreen and 3G Planned for Early Next Year

From Gismodo http://gizmodo.com/5358685/budget-co...arly-next-year

Looks like cool-er picking up speed.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't know where Gismodo got the color screen, touchscreen, and 3G from. The original article from electricpig says:
Quote:
We grilled Interead’s CEO Neil Jones about his plans, and he let slip that the company would have something big and something new on show at CES, the gigantic Las Vegas gadget expo held in January every year. ”We have some really sexy ideas that we’re going to talk about in January…(That will) set us well apart from the competition,” he told us.
So, they are going to introduce something at CES, most likely another Netronix-based device, and talk there about future plans.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
that will be either the Netronix EB600 grace with touch 3g or the Swiftie. The Swiftie has a 600 MHZ CPU, which is a lot faster. yet if this is on the under 200 USD range. It will be the Grace.

It is still the EB600 platform, not the ALL NEW EB900 range.

The NTX software has already added a search function that is likely to suit a touch screen more than a a D pad!

However, I question the need for touch screen on E readers. I do not know which one works out more expensive in production, but by user interface / screen glare / protection perspective, I am against a touch screen!

jack

Last edited by jackau; 09-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't know where Gismodo got the color screen, touchscreen, and 3G from. The original article from electricpig
Probably from the next paragraph of the article:

He said that would change with the “experience of colour” screens, but whether that’ll be possible on a Cool-er as soon as January remains to be seen
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Probably from the next paragraph of the article:

He said that would change with the “experience of colour” screens, but whether that’ll be possible on a Cool-er as soon as January remains to be seen
Which is interesting, because when I read that paragraph from the electricpig article, I came to pretty much the exact opposite conclusion that the guy from Gizmodo did. Guess we'll know in a few months.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I too read it to mean simply mean they will be color readers as in the case is color...unless they are going with a 3Qi based device as several other brands appear to be doing.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I too read it to mean simply mean they will be color readers as in the case is color...unless they are going with a 3Qi based device as several other brands appear to be doing.
It's possible that I've missed something, but have any companies confirmed that they have 3Qi devices in the works? I know there's some speculation, but I don't think I've seen anything citing specific companies or specific devices yet.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
It's possible that I've missed something, but have any companies confirmed that they have 3Qi devices in the works? I know there's some speculation, but I don't think I've seen anything citing specific companies or specific devices yet.
Astak has the "True" I seem to recall. And that means there will be several brands with the same device maybe with different firmware and/or some other hardware options.

EDIT: No that is not the name. The True is their BIG reader with the Flexible display (I think??)...but somewhere in that gawd awful huge Astak thread is where Bobbie mentions the PixelQi device and the negotiations, I think he got in hot water for talking about it though...nothing new there ...hehehehe...

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-14-2009 at 02:05 PM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yeah

Yeah I read Electropig's article and did not think that he was talking about a new color e-ink screen, rather saying that you would not want to read GQ or magazines on a Cool-er until the color e-ink screens come out.

Its good to hear there is more stuff in the works!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote